Goodbye

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
So far everyone has been pretty civil. New start for all. Gst I have been extremely happy with your contributions so far. If you have received bad rep, im sure it is from the forgetable past. Idk.

Zogman, it would take an extremely large 'in crowd' to overwhelm the majority.

We'll see, but however it plays out, I will be able to use this as an extremely useful tool to keep tabs on things.

Well thanks, and I can see where as a mod this reputation thingy might be a tool to make your life easier. But for some apparently the past is not so "unforgetable" as there were three more "reputation" thingys in my notifications just from this thread alone this morning and apparently lost a "point". .

apparently some people think questions to try and figure out how the site works is "trolling".

Perhaps if people had to sign off on their comments there would be a bit more accountability and a little less petty personal vindictiveness behind the program.

Guess if I have a problem with someone I say something directly to the person. Maybe that is too old school and now the thing is to hide behind some anonymous deal and whine .

Kids nowadays.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gst, move on. Show us that this isn't an extension of FBO for you. Quit whining and pull up those big girl panties that you keep talking about. This is a new home. Don't walk in with muddy shoes.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a new start for Everyone. I dont care what happened in past at FBO. thats done. But lets try and keep our new house clean as Mike put it

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Latest Reputation Received (11 point(s) total)

• 05-18-2015 09:35 PM

Thread: Goodbye
    No Comment Made
  • 05-18-2015 11:34 AM

I think two this morning had "no comment made" .

Can;t hardly keep up, saw there were 3 more notifications and apparently people can leave "good" reputation comments and you gain points. (down one from 11 to 10 this morning, now up 9 from last nite to 20)

This modern stuff is confusing. Now along with the cattle market movements I'm going to have to check the reputation market movements too. :)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well thanks, and I can see where as a mod this reputation thingy might be a tool to make your life easier. But for some apparently the past is not so "unforgetable" as there were three more "reputation" thingys in my notifications just from this thread alone this morning and apparently lost a "point". .

apparently some people think questions to try and figure out how the site works is "trolling".

Perhaps if people had to sign off on their comments there would be a bit more accountability and a little less petty personal vindictiveness behind the program.

Guess if I have a problem with someone I say something directly to the person. Maybe that is too old school and now the thing is to hide behind some anonymous deal and whine .

Kids nowadays.

This is actually pretty simple, if you help more than you hinder the rep thing will take care of itself.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dirty Mike

Just trying to figure things out. Appreciate Volmer taking the time to explain. I am not the most computer savy person, (one reason why I don;t post pics, horsager had to run thru how to embed a video two times before I got it)

Never been a fan of anonymity. It is why my initials are my user name and I have no problem letting people know who I am. People tend to be more civil (sometimes) when they actually have to say something to your face and they know you know who they are.

Actually have made a point of NOT trying to make this an "extension of FBO" ( no politics and haven;t even called anyone a liberal:)) yet it seems some can;t leave that behind

And I always take my shoes off in other peoples houses unless I am told to leave them on.

Oh well reputation is up 10 so life is good!!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dirty Mike

Just trying to figure things out. Appreciate Volmer taking the time to explain. I am not the most computer savy person, (one reason why I don;t post pics, horsager had to run thru how to embed a video two times before I got it)

Never been a fan of anonymity. It is why my initials are my user name and I have no problem letting people know who I am. People tend to be more civil (sometimes) when they actually have to say something to your face and they know you know who they are.

Actually have made a point of NOT trying to make this an "extension of FBO" ( no politics and haven;t even called anyone a liberal:)) yet it seems some can;t leave that behind

And I always take my shoes off in other peoples houses unless I am told to leave them on.

Oh well reputation is up 10 so life is good!!

Then we're all on the same page. Happy Hunting.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gst, there is not much to figure out. Make posts that are direct and to the point at hand. Don't go off on your tangents bringing up crap from years ago. If you have any kind of normal social skills, I think you can get this figured out. I'm a farmer too. Not everyone hates farmers. Just act like an adult and things will go fine.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Gst, there is not much to figure out. Make posts that are direct and to the point at hand. Don't go off on your tangents bringing up crap from years ago. If you have any kind of normal social skills, I think you can get this figured out. I'm a farmer too. Not everyone hates farmers. Just act like an adult and things will go fine.

Always knew that most people don't , just a small vocal little group on those "other" sites. But I think I am getting this points deal figured out....kinda.

Do you know Jason Wolf from Zeeland or Bobby Weigel from Napoleon? Went to college with those guys.

If you know them ask sometime if they still have their ET shirts.

Last edited:

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I buy most of my bulls from Bob. He's a pretty good friend.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
He'll get a kick out of you asking about his ET shirt. We had a few good times back in the day.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
So basically dont post anything others might not agree with or not want to see... Im on my way to being banned already! Interesting. good thing they unbanned me on FBO I guess....

Bobcat would have a heyday with this :)

I will have a full write-up for you on the reputation system soon.

But, basically, if you gain too much negative reputation you will lose privileges ... keep losing rep and you will be banned.
If you gain a lot of positive rep, you will gain privileges.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't worry about it too much Lycan. If you buy me beers I'll give you good rep marks all day. (Grin)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So basically dont post anything others might not agree with or not want to see... Im on my way to being banned already! Interesting. good thing they unbanned me on FBO I guess....

Bobcat would have a heyday with this :)

Loose the avatar, and all else is good.

We must not be forced to look at this any longer;:;barf

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Careful johnr don't bad rep her, you might get fed to the AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
This reputation system has been in place since day 1 and there have been no problems. I see no problems in the future. It's not like a couple bad marks is going to make any big difference anyway, but if you consistently get bad marks over a period of time it will add up. And if you're consistently getting bad marks than there is a reason for it.

I would much rather have a system like this in place and let the users decide what they like or don't like. If nobody wants to play with you, then go find some new friends.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
GST don't worry about the reputation deal it will all work it self out. Don't dwell on petty crap just move ahead...

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
81, Just kind tryin to figure out how things work, didn;t know you can get GOOD reputation points.............No worries now!! :)

Never been the kind of person to use something like that though, if I think somebodies a whiner, jackass, idiot, liberal:).............

I''ll just tell them directly. Most of the kids that ran to the hall monitor grew up being the same kind of adults.

Anyways, sun is shining, calves are healthy after the big rains and we can likely get back seeding tomorrow. Got time to catch a kids baseball game later today..........Life's pretty darn good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77