Goodbye

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
all i got is second hand reports i have not been out yet. would like to at least get out once before the wolves. once it warms up with this new water i have a feeling it is going to be a really fun year.

I will be out Wednesday, and Thursday if I don't work overtime.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sporty has limits, he has tracks on his head down to his shins, he will not tolerate. When posting, leave the old in the ditch, no need to reminisce of transgressions lapsed.
sporty say it ain't so.
with this I bid fairwell, may your sensitivities be less expensive
Dog gone it Juanner I am becoming concerned . With that speech I have to wonder if your related to Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson . Or heaven forbide both ? Say it isn't so !

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha sounds like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson..........that was pretty good.

Seems there are a couple of people with tender feel goods here. Got some notification of a "reputation" thingy and someone whining in the notifications.

Volmer, maybe when you are coming up with Nodak Angler clothing they can design a special pair of big girl undies to hand out on awards nite .

On a more serious note, I wonder if this is a foreshadowing of what our society is going to be. All these "your a winner, I'm a winner, everybody gets a ribbon" kids growing up that never had a wedgie, nuggie, knuckles, or bloody nose ..............I wonder what builds "character" these days?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was this the guy that drove around with a wolf in his cop car? I get so confused.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
So just curious about this "reputation" thingy.

So apparently people can bring their butt hurt over from FBO or Nodak Outdoors?

Jinkees, I've been on my best behavior here and people are still whining. ;)

Maybe along with the "reputation" points deal they could start a whiner points deal people can give out.

Latest Reputation Received (11 point(s) total)

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
So just curious about this "reputation" thingy.

So apparently people can bring their butt hurt over from FBO or Nodak Outdoors?

Jinkees, I've been on my best behavior here and people are still whining. ;)

Maybe along with the "reputation" points deal they could start a whiner points deal people can give out.

Latest Reputation Received (11 point(s) total)

I will have a full write-up for you on the reputation system soon.

But, basically, if you gain too much negative reputation you will lose privileges ... keep losing rep and you will be banned.
If you gain a lot of positive rep, you will gain privileges.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody remember this pic

goodbye.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! I have the whole series and watch it all the time. I just have to ignore Allen Alda's goofy politics and I'm good.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I will have a full write-up for you on the reputation system soon.

But, basically, if you gain too much negative reputation you will lose privileges ... keep losing rep and you will be banned.
If you gain a lot of positive rep, you will gain privileges.

So like I said apparently people can bring their butt hurt over from FBO and carry on like a bunch of teenage girls in a popularity contest no matter what actually goes on on THIS site.:;:exactly

So one whiney little fella can make a point of posting a negative "reputation" every morning before he leaves his parents basement to go to school and 5 more times during lunch break and recess and ones "privileges" are taken away or they are banned?? This aught to be interesting.

If you have 50 different guys saying this guys a jackass...........he's likely a jackass. If you have one guy repeatedly saying this guys a jackass, may not be so easy to tell who the jackass really is based on "points".

This thread should give a little insight into that.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
So like I said apparently people can bring their butt hurt over from FBO and carry on like a bunch of teenage girls in a popularity contest no matter what actually goes on on THIS site.:;:exactly

So one whiney little fella can make a point of posting a negative "reputation" every morning before he leaves his parents basement to go to school and 5 more times during lunch break and recess and ones "privileges" are taken away or they are banned?? This aught to be interesting.

If you have 50 different guys saying this guys a jackass...........he's likely a jackass. If you have one guy repeatedly saying this guys a jackass, may not be so easy to tell who the jackass really is based on "points".

This thread should give a little insight into that.

It is not that easy to manipulate the system. And spamming rep out of spite will be easy for me to spot.
Here is a write-up of how the reputation system works in its initial build.
http://nodakangler.com/forums/showthread.php?652-Reputation-Rundown

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Something to maybe think about. Back when I first got on Nodak they had a "supporting members" "club". By most accounts the site was pretty clique and the simple fact is that had as much to do with what happened as the moderating.

Seems this deal might be off to a good start (one ag thread and pretty polite discourse, not one "greedy, rip, rape and run, hands in the pocket" comment) . :)

So one guy joins and claims pickled musky is the best pickled fish and all the catch and release guys and musky fishermen crucify him on the reputation thingy.

One guys posts a pic with no tag on his deer and all the tagem immediately guys pile on the points and the new guy is gone.

Some poor fella posts a thread asking if there are any guides or outfitters or where any HFH operations are and the gas and torches come out and his "reputation" is done.

Don;t even want to think about what happens to the first "sconi" to post on here.................

This deal has the potential to make tobies banning people look like childs play.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something to maybe think about. Back when I first got on Nodak they had a "supporting members" "club". By most accounts the site was pretty clique and the simple fact is that had as much to do with what happened as the moderating.

Seems this deal might be off to a good start (one ag thread and pretty polite discourse, not one "greedy, rip, rape and run, hands in the pocket" comment) . :)

So one guy joins and claims pickled musky is the best pickled fish and all the catch and release guys and musky fishermen crucify him on the reputation thingy.

One guys posts a pic with no tag on his deer and all the tagem immediately guys pile on the points and the new guy is gone.

Some poor fella posts a thread asking if there are any guides or outfitters or where any HFH operations are and the gas and torches come out and his "reputation" is done.

Don;t even want to think about what happens to the first "sconi" to post on here.................

This deal has the potential to make tobies banning people look like childs play.

Wow and I thought I had lost some faith in humanity. Sounds like you sent yours on a permanent vacation haha. Can't help but believe in Murphy's Law sometimes I guess. IMHO some problems can be left alone til they actually show up.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy high points batman, Volmer read your breakdown deal. too complicated for me, guess I kinda like the old Tim S way of runnin the "other" site.

Damn now I gotta figure how many points everything I say may cost me. This is worse than helping with my kids Common Core math. ;:;banghead

Guess I'll just try to be on my best behavior and count on you catching all the little girl panty wearin, whiney ass, reputation ruiners.

Do you lose points for saying whiney ass on here? :;:

But really, thanks for the sarcasm button!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, ya brian, FBO turned me into a jaded SOB. :) And I do agree about leavin problems alone till they show up, was just wondering how things work.

Even after reading the break down.........still wondering how things work....... but that;s likely just me, I don;t even know how to do third grade math and show my work any more. :confused:

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Simple version:

Act like an adult and don't piss everyone off, no worries. May even gain a few abilities.

Act like an immature idiot, lose abilities, and possibly get banned by the members.

Those numbers might be high. I may adjust them. It's likely even. But as the reputation system grows, those numbers will fall in line.

In addition. I am always here for any immediate actions that may need to be taken.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member

I always found the "supporting members" area of NDO cleaned up a lot of non sense on the regular threads. It was open to anyone that wanted to join, unlike certain areas of the website. The etree discussions taking place behind the scenes and acting as if they were speaking for 1,000's of members without member input was a huge part of the demise of that site IMO. That is where the "clique" was.

The original baitpile was in that supporting members area.........it was a lot like Seinfeld........A whole lot of discussion about nothing. Smart asses and dumb asses went head to head and good friendships were made. :;:cheers

James Scarlett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a buddy and his dad wanted to do it so i said i would. Is there a place to see what team number we are. Fished it 2 years ago in what felt like typhoon nuri haha.

I'm on the planning committee. We have a meeting at noon today. I will check to see what team you are.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fixed it for you.............::: or is it???

Simple version:

Act like an adult and don't piss the in crowd off, no worries. May even gain a few abilities.

Act like an immature idiot, lose abilities, and possibly get banned by the in crowd.

Those numbers might be high. I may adjust them. It's likely even. But as the reputation system grows, those numbers will fall in line.

In addition. I am always here for any immediate actions that may need to be taken.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Simple version:

Act like an adult and don't piss everyone off, no worries..

Kinda thought I was and apparently already getting points whacked by whiners from days gone by. :;:duel

Oh well it might be interesting.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
So far everyone has been pretty civil. New start for all. Gst I have been extremely happy with your contributions so far. If you have received bad rep, im sure it is from the forgetable past. Idk.

Zogman, it would take an extremely large 'in crowd' to overwhelm the majority.

We'll see, but however it plays out, I will be able to use this as an extremely useful tool to keep tabs on things.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dog gone it Juanner I am becoming concerned . With that speech I have to wonder if your related to Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson . Or heaven forbide both ? Say it isn't so !

Haha, more of a svnmag ramble

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67