Goose opener

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just hope all these new guys to the game don't piss off a bunch of landowners and ruin it for the rest of us.

iceman1944

Founding Member
Founding Member
Getting pumped not just for early goose, but for hunting in general! My goal one day this fall is to shoot limit of geese and or ducks, then proceed to shoot 3 pheasants, and then finish the day with some fall walleyes. Triple slam challenge anyone? Haha

Done that, plus a swan! and a crane. Oh the good old days. Got some pictures somewhere.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a flock today that must have been migrating on the cold front. They were cruising high as hell till they got over a flock on a pea field a few miles down the road and like returning molt birds do they locked up tight as hell and were down in one pass! It was nice to see them coming back....that said damn the dove fields are getting my attention fast.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a flock today that must have been migrating on the cold front. They were cruising high as hell till they got over a flock on a pea field a few miles down the road and like returning molt birds do they locked up tight as hell and were down in one pass! It was nice to see them coming back....that said damn the dove fields are getting my attention fast.

I hear that Dean. Not very many flocks that haven't been molested yet. We got turned down on a field that we've hunted for 6 years straight yesterday. in 6 years no one has found this field and it would appear almost every rock has been turned over in the areas we hunt and we hunt a pretty large area. I've been seeing a ton of doves this year too an am wondering if a switch to a more relaxing style dove hunting may be in my future. getting frustrating scouting these days knowing theres an above average chance you will get turned down anyways.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was pretty sad we worked the area from Wilton over to a little was sw of hurdsfield than back and.forth working south. Sure we saw birds but nothing that looked overly great. Did see one set of decoys and those boys were out of sota land. Another guy scouted from tuttle down to long lake and I guess what he saw was pretty crappy as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77