Griddle in the winter?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone use a Blackstone/Griddle outside in the winter? I have a 22” 2-burner but pretty much pack it away Mid-Sept when I shut the camper down.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use it all year long. Good cover is needed. On really cold days it's tough to get to normal temp, but I still use it a lot. 22 inch as well.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Tregor and Blackstone spend the summer at the lake and end up on my deck come winter. Use them just as often both places.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 2 36” Blackstone’s, one at lake and one at home that I use year round. I have a metal cover and vinyl cover on both and never have any issues. We hardly use our grilles at both place anymore.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Standing over a warm Blackstone in the winter is awesome.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a little table top one at the lake, the one at home is the 36 with a hinged lid, we cover it with a griddle cover when not in use.
We use the heck out of it especially on Sundays in the winter, mrs johnr makes a huge feed on it with various items. It is on the south east side of the house, so seems to be out of the wind in the winter, works just fine.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use mine in the winter in the garage, only thing is, is if you cook greasy stuff you develop a haze of grease on the car windows so I back my vehicles out before cooking

Honkerslayr

I use mine when camping as its only a 21” 2 burner with the lid. But in winter I use it in the garage and open the door a bit to help with ventilation. It’s a nice change of pace to make some cheesesteaks or fried rice or anything of the like, especially great because you don’t have to smell the house up.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oldie but a goodie repeat post: Perfect for an open garage by the motorway in the asscrack of winter if you know how to control the temperature. This produces copious amounts of delicious smoke. He's since become fancy dancy with some "reverse sear" bullshit. Whatever. If done right; this is the most delicious steak you'll cook at home. Holy hell...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I use mine when camping as its only a 21” 2 burner with the lid. But in winter I use it in the garage and open the door a bit to help with ventilation. It’s a nice change of pace to make some cheesesteaks or fried rice or anything of the like, especially great because you don’t have to smell the house up.
Always thought half the fun of cooking was the smell teasing you until it's time to diver in.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use mine in the winter in the garage, only thing is, is if you cook greasy stuff you develop a haze of grease on the car windows so I back my vehicles out before cooking
That is the truth and that haze is a bitch to get off. Sure everything in the garage has a coating on it. I kinda limit my use. They don't like it outdoors so much at 5° though.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is the truth and that haze is a bitch to get off. Sure everything in the garage has a coating on it. I kinda limit my use. They don't like it outdoors so much at 5° though.
That big 4 burner 36" one we use seems to work in the cold, however you sure burn a ton of propane on it keeping it hot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88