grills/smokers

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
been reaserching electric pellert grills,my entire life has been weber char coal grills,even today I have 3 different size kettle grills plus a bradley smoker,I like the idea of flipping a switch and have a seared steak or chicken wings in minutes with w nice clean smoke you get from electric grilling tell ya what a seasoned ribeye over cherry wood is killer try it.

traeger or camp chef?

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also have camp chef with sear box. BEST thing I ever bought. This weekend I did a large Boston butt for pulled pork, then switched over to a batch of venison jerky and then reverse seared a steak for my son that night.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Consider Green Mountain as well. They don't have an extensive dealer network or advertising budget which keeps cost down. I have had mine for a little over a year and couldn't be happier...Only glitch I've had came last night. My meat probe was giving me crazy internal temps. Sent an email at 5:20 on a sunday evening and by 5:30 they had a new one in the ready to ship to me. Camp Chef was my second choice. If you're looking to drop some coin Rec Tec is a great choice as well.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Traeger and love it!! Although any pellet grill is pretty close to the same thing IMO.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got my GMG daniel boone on sunday. I haven't had time to do anything other than a pizza on it. Will plan on something this weekend.

Last edited:

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless you're going to spend over $1k....flip a coin. Or buy what is convenient.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the daniel boone (wifi) for 550 with a thermal blanket. I'll take that price over what's out there.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I were to go with a pellet smoker, after I get tired of babysitting smoker, I think I will either go with a Pit Boss for price or a Yoder which is going to be a pretty good chunk of change. After getting my hands on a Yoder they are just so much heavier built, 1/4in steel I believe. GMG and Camp Chef's all seem to be pretty popular as well so I am really sure you can't go wrong.
Good Luck

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a Pit Boss and have had really good luck with it. The most inportant part in running a pellet smoker is to keep it as clean as you possibly can. We cook on ours @ least 3 times a week. So I figured that if i can clean it every 3 months that should be good, and it's seemed to work for me. Once you start using the pellet smoker/grill you'll have a hard time going back to Propane. Also buy yourself a good meat thermometer with multiple probes when cooking a prime rib or turkey and chickens. Good Luck.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
650A4045-9E7F-4951-9324-86B3E0B3AA0B.jpg

Pellet grill. Deer backstrap makes for some good eats!

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got the daniel boone (wifi) for 550 with a thermal blanket. I'll take that price over what's out there.

That is one helluva deal! I love my Daniel Boone. FWIW, GMGs customer service has been A++ for me when needed! I have a couple friends who have Traeger's. The only thing they like more about mine is it seems to produce much more smoke when grilling 225 or hotter.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know of any real bad pellet grills, the ones listed all do the job. I got a PitBoss. Love that it has the sear option as mentioned above. I can say this, you wont be dissapointed with whichever you choose!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big Green Egg.

Cook fast:

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

Cook Slow:

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_9317.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

Last edited: