Grocery trip with da wife...

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Live a relatively modest lifestyle in retirement. Two of life's simple pleasures for me include an occasional Crown or two as the sun sets paired with a good cigar. I have switched to Costco's Kirkland equivalent to Crown & enjoy the savings and drink just as well. Cheers to All!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife does all the shopping for all the basics so i have no idea. Have not been in a grocery store in years. Back in the earlier 80s with five kids we did have a budget and the monthly expenses for whatever one could buy at the grocery store ran about $600. My take home pay was $900/month, so the wife had all kinds of part time work. At one time she had five at once.

For me it's the toy or two now and then. db

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just when a person is setting nice COvid and dummy shit president is born, etc... just pisses me off, now I wonder why I drink so much. Busted my ass for nothing f them all.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When I graduated in 1977 gas was .58 cents a gallon. And by 1979 it was 1.00 a gallon. When it hit a 1.00 a gallon minimum wage was 3.25 a hr. It's amazing how things have changed. Farmers were going under when interest rate went up to 18 to 20 percent.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
neighbor just reported seeing a box of Rice Krispies for $8.99 in Fargo

I have not substantiated this as fact - and don't plan to since it would involve me entering a store where there's other people
IMG_7634.jpeg

Save $1 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Annnnnd then we get to save 4 pennies 🤣(paying you what it cost to print that ridiculous marketing card off!)🤦‍♂️
IMG_7635.jpeg

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
neighbor just reported seeing a box of Rice Krispies for $8.99 in Fargo

I have not substantiated this as fact - and don't plan to since it would involve me entering a store where there's other people
6.99 for a box of Golden Grahams , this is why I go to Walmart even with the creatures there. Don’t want to go inside order from your phone

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
what if you don't have a wal mart with in 80 miles? just imagine having one store to buy from?

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
We order Sam's club most stuff delivered to the door the rest we get in town the wife's a couponer that helps allot but it's time consuming

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rarely set foot in local grocery stores as wife is gracious enough to do most of the grocery shopping. That said, I stopped by store last week to pick up a few items for an upcoming outing at DL. Similar experience to KDM. Not sure how folks that are on limited / fixed incomes like SS, are able to make ends meet given current gas prices, groceries, etc. To add insult to injury, we (along with many others) received a statement from Burleigh County suggesting our real estate taxes were projected to increase by 22%!! That is on top of a significant increase the last two years. Time to clean house at local, state, and national level IMO.
I hope everybody researches what they paid annually in property taxes the year we last voted to repeal property tax versus what they’re paying now. I bet it’s 300% minimum for the vast majority of people if not more. I’m at about 200% increase. To not vote to repeal them would be assinine. Government budgets are absolutely insane. And most likely 200% higher now than when we voted lasted on property taxes. We have to reign these clowns in. Raising property taxes is just too damn easy for them.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure how we went from grocery- getter type vehicles transformed into ppl having full size Suburbans, Denali's Yukon's etc etc?????? Not sure how many families are affording these full size grocery getter, kid haulers but there sure seem to be alot more of them around these days.
In the oil patch I would guess 80% of the women 30 and under are driving high end Tahoe’s etc. it’s just crazy

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In the oil patch I would guess 80% of the women 30 and under are driving high end Tahoe’s etc. it’s just crazy
80% of the women 30 and under don't own Tahoe...it's more than likely leased.
Buddy of mine works for a dealer says things have flipped. People used to buy with a note now a majority lease and won't own.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
80% of the women 30 and under don't own Tahoe...it's more than likely leased.
Buddy of mine works for a dealer says things have flipped. People used to buy with a note now a majority lease and won't own.
I don’t know anybody that leases here

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The grocery getters and kid haulers with a 80 plus thousand vehicle trailering a $80 thousand plus boat or Sno bear must have an occupation much better than the majority of ppl or up to their eyeballs in debt.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Glad both my thumbs are green like KDM tells me. Be a cold day in hell before I went hungry and it is true the older you get the less you eat. Going to hit 75 very soon. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5