Hangin out

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1000000526.jpg

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buddies hobbit,trout stream in his backyard, bookies,browns and bows...lucky some beech

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gotta zoom in to see our massive brookies on my fancy fish stringer we kept for dinner,panfried in butter with sliced almond stuffing.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotta zoom in to see our massive brookies on my fancy fish stringer we kept for dinner,panfried in butter with sliced almond stuffing.
The guy on the left in the picture reminds me of another NDA member called Grumster!

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ya mean my long lost brother from a different mother? My friend here we grew up together, fyi next time you guyz come across the movie "dumb and dumber"friend was on set end of the couch when jim carey" fart scene, friend was on couch during the fart lighting scene, he said working with carey was quite an experience.

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't ski anymore but that looks quite refreshing 😉

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are brook native to CO also you catching natural reproduction or put and take?

Last edited:

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes,all elnatural brookies,some area's we hike to panning, brook trout abound,every litte feeder stream is teaming with brookies,even in northeast mn we have native lake run brook trout some call em "coaster brook trout" 1 to2lb range

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gut, salt and pepper, wrap in aluminum foil and set in or nearby a campfire.

Brookies are so damn good!!
Agreed jiffy,we caught/kept one 16" spec that had a 10" pine snake i its stomach. Brookies aren't particular when on the feed,snap up anything and everything, hiking up on a small pool of flat water you notice fish slurping gets my blood goin.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed jiffy,we caught/kept one 16" spec that had a 10" pine snake i its stomach. Brookies aren't particular when on the feed,snap up anything and everything, hiking up on a small pool of flat water you notice fish slurping gets my blood goin.
One time on leave back in the Hills; I was fishing a wilderness stream which was essentially put/take but could support natural reproduction. I'd say this place had to be stocked by horseback and maybe some rail: I'd caught a nice rainbow, illegally gutted it at "steam side" and tossed the guts into the head of the root hole.

After getting all the shit together to move on (I had to keep moving downstream to get to a camping area before dark--it was a "cast and blast" situation) I was able to peer into the center of the hole from it's tree: On the bottom was a 12in green/white spotted "stock" brook (Maine strain) trying to swallow the gutpile. I would compare a brook trout (actually "char") to the tiger shark as long as "natives/native strain/natural reproduction" aren't spooked.

A gold hook is a good "fly" in Hill creeks if the hole isn't spooked. There are some misguided; IMO; efforts in the Hills to eliminate rainbows and browns: Rainbow have the highest temperature tolerance: Brook and brown both spawn in Fall with higher tolerance to acid...The few natural reproduction viable streams for rainbow reproduction hold beautiful trout:

Essentially a sewer. It boils down to PH:

https://www.woolybugged.com/blog/2018/2/17/serendipity-west-virginias-elkhorn-creek

Enjoy the truck brakes:

Last edited:

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Okay guyz can any of you see the pine Martin in this picture?,zoom in lower left,sassy little shit,

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 330
  • This month: 207
  • This month: 190
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 69