Home secuirty systems

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the usual cell monitored security system for the house. (Front point) However I have some
jackhole’s walking through the back of my yard late at night that think they own the place. Something like an infrared triggered angry dog bark, obnoxious sirens, something. Of course it would wake me up but probably worth it a few times. Maybe a spooky human voice...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the usual cell monitored security system for the house. (Front point) However I have some
jackhole’s walking through the back of my yard late at night that think they own the place. Something like an infrared triggered angry dog bark, obnoxious sirens, something. Of course it would wake me up but probably worth it a few times. Maybe a spooky human voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk8QzckJvUI

jmkilber

We have been using Vivint for over 10 years. We've never had a problem and like having the system. Along with the door sensors, glass sensors, fire alarms, and motion sensors they also have thermostats that can be controlled via their app.

snowcat

Founding Member
Founding Member
"
seems like the deer would drive a guy bonkers with a driveway alert " I have the inferred driveway alert, I will alert on deer, coyotes etc. people cars, then 100' farther I have a sensor in the road that only alerts when a heavy, car , truck goes by. I also have Vivant for the house and shop, doorbell camera, etc, its nice I can look at any of the three cameras to see whats going on. They all are motion activated. Sure beats the 4 game cameras I had along the drive.

shimonwilson

Consult this with nearby security agencies or locksmith firms, from there you will get to know about the security systems which are best for your home security.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I set up motion detectors to a light system. It has helped immensely with after hours people on our property. Does wonders for people who are trying to travel unseen across your property to instantly being in a bright spotlight.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is a good security system that will shoot the cam onto my phone without paying monthly fees.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
what is a good security system that will shoot the cam onto my phone without paying monthly fees.

Ring - works great - purchased at Costco for $169. Hooked up myself and download the app..super clear video and notifications are spot on.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have vivint and I hate it. My wife turns it on all the damn time thinking the boogeyman is going to come busting in the door at 3pm on a thursday. She even uses it so much she might turn it on when she leaves for work in the morning because she is creeped out that she saw a spider. Doesn't say anything to me about it and when I leave with the kids, look who gets to go talk to the cops because he set the alarm off when he left because he didn't know it was on. Apparently if i'm uptown having some whiskeys with the boys there is an increased risk of robbery as well. Not that it isn't hard enough to remove a guys shoes(also to avoid getting in trouble) and race into the house to disarm before the alarm wakes up the whole neighborhood sober, try it under 8 Pendleton h20s.

Anyway as far as doing what an alarm is supposed to do I guess it works just right, at a decent price. Hell if you want to save some $ with a referral I'll hook you up.

Last edited:

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
After 3 burglaries,I dont put alot of faith in cameras,motion sensors are the way to go,as long as you have a good response time by local pd or security provider.Why do I say this,put a mask on no positive id,cameras never seem to be in the right place for decent images,and it takes a really good system to get images good enough to give positive id.

Founding Member
Founding Member

edwarddeobrah

Installing the home security systems can add great security to your home. Also, install security grills with CCTV so that any stranger entry will be detected instantly. Locksmith can help in selecting the right system for your home.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88