Hooch, booze, shine, etc

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
here goes have not made any of these yet so try at your own risk. I will start out with the A's for tonight.

APPLEPIE BRANDY.
Heatone gallon of apple juice. Do not exceed 150 degrees.
Addone cup of honey, 2 tsp of cinnamon oil and 2 tsp of nutmeg.
Stiruntil disolved.
Letthis mixture cool down to room temperature and add one fifth of either rum,vodka of shine. Rum is best.
Putinto jars and let set for two weeks.

Apple Pie Liqueur -- (quick version)*

Makes about 9 or 10 pints
1 gallon apple cider or apple juice
1 cup sugar
1 pint Everclear or grain alcohol
6 cinnamon sticks
6 cardamom pods (optional)
6 allspice berries (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
1.) Heat apple cider / apple juice in a large pot. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Immediately remove the pot from the heat as soon as the sugar is dissolved.
2.) Let cool to room temperature and then add a pint of Everclear. Do NOT add the alcohol to a hot mixture or it might cause the alcohol to evaporate. Add spices. Think about adding all of the spices listed, but you can definitely just use cinnamon sticks if that's all you have on hand.
3.) Let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Or even two days, if you want. Then, using a mesh strainer AND a funnel, ladle or pour the mixture into decorative jars and/or bottles.
4.) Store in refrigerator for up to one year.

Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe

· Crock-Pot Size5 Quart Crock-Pot
ServingsPrep Time
105 Shots5Minutes
Cook Time
8Hours On LOW
Ingredients
1gallon apple cider
1liter everclear alcoholor vodka
3whole cinnamon sticks
Instructions
1. Add apple cider and cinnamon sticks to a 5-quart crock-pot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
3. Turn off crock-pot and allow the cider to cool to room temp.
4. In a large pan (large enough for a 5 quarts), mix cider and the Everclear alcohol. (If your crock-pot is large enough for this, you can do it there once the cider is cooled.)
5. Pour into five 1-quart canning Jars (or bottles of your choice) and put lids and rings on.
6. Let the jars sit in a cool dark place for 30 days to allow the alcohol to take the flavor of the cider.
7. This is shelf stable and can be kept on the counter, or if you prefer it chilled, in the refrigerator.
8. NOTE: this is a strong adult beverage. Serving size is one shot glass.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
35%/70 PROOF APPLE PIE

21 oz Apple Cider 21 oz
1 12 oz Frozen Apple Juice Concentrate 12 oz
3 cups Water 24 oz
.5 cup White Sugar
.5 cup Brown Sugar
1 ea Cinnamon Sticks ___
57 oz

Bring to boil and simmer 45 minutes. Cool and add 1 liter of 190 proof Everclear. Store in freezer.

One liter is just under 34 oz so this makes 57 + 34 = 91± oz of Apple Pie. A liter of 190 proof Everclear will have just over 32 oz of 100% alcohol, so: 32/91 = 35% alcohol or about 70 proof depending on how much liquid evaporates during the simmering process. This will almost fill 3 one liter bottles. 91/34 = 2.67 liters.

Perfect Margarita

3 parts Gold Jose Cuervo Tequila
3 parts Silver Jose Cuervo Tequila
3 parts non-alcoholic Tequila mix (You want it stronger, use the 10% alcohol mix.)
1 part Triple Sec
1 part Orange Curacao

Typically I pre-mix it for a 1.75 liter bottle that fits in the refrigerator. 450 ml of the first 3 and 150 ml of the last 2. That totals 1,650 ml and gives you some room for error. All you need is a salted rim glass with some ice and squeeze half of a lime into your glass before filling it with your concoction.

Gin and Tonic

My gin and tonics are 100% Tanqueray Gin, 5 olives on a tooth pick and ice. I look at the tonic in the fridge, but pass on it.

- - - Updated - - -

To help cool it to room temperature stick the pan in a snowbank.....

Sorry, but it was 84° here at happy hour today. No snow banks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have a plum recipe. I have 5 gallons frozen that I should deal with.

dsharp83

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have made apple pie several times , my experience is too not use white sugar. substitute it with brown sugar , found it has a much better taste and not as sweet.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of variations of apple pie out there. Try using spiced rum instead of the vodka. Experimentation is half the fun!;:;boozer

Edit: We always use a pint of EC plus either vodka or rum. Otherwise it's just not as uplifting.;)

Last edited:

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have a plum recipe. I have 5 gallons frozen that I should deal with.

Old guy I knew used to make "Bounce". He'd fill a gallon jar with wild plums and apples, 3 cups of white sugar and top it off with cheap vodka. Screw the lid on and let it sit for a year. Stuff came out tasting like kool-aid and about 100 proof. Don't eat the fruit, trust me.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not allowed to make apple pie anymore... it starts wedding fights ;:;boozer

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
E25F6D53-7E5C-44FF-BC01-5B22F52F9E48.jpg
Recipe for swish:

Take an old whisky barrel and fill it partway with water. Put it on its side and let it sit for two weeks. Swish it around every couple of days. It's low grade alcohol mixed with impurities, like methanol for that extra greasy turn in your life and you need to forget you were once a decent person

Last edited:

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have made apple pie several times , my experience is too not use white sugar. substitute it with brown sugar , found it has a much better taste and not as sweet.

use a mixture of both. little more brown than white. white adds sweetness while brown gives it a caramel texture and flavor.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A farm friend of mine makes shine out of field corn, his brother is blind

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My roommate in college always made apple pie. Nothing like college keggers with a few gallon jugs of pie floating around. It never ended well, or maybe it did, I cant remember.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Did the field-corn shine blind him or are you just throwing out the blindness factoid for the group to ponder?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate most liqueurs, but if Zman can make the Bullhead tourney and brings his apple pie booze, you better stay out of my way or I'm apt to give you one the them "Football' injuries getting to the bottle. That shrite is burn the house down good. (Did you get the hint there Zman??)

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This reminded me of my grandpa. He used to make shine in the basement. One day his still blew up and damn near sent it thru the kitchen floor. Grandma put the kibosh on grandpa's moon shine making after that episode. At least she thought she did....

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
time for B's and C's

Bailey's Irish Cream
1 2/3 cup of whiskey
1 cup of half and half
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp of instant coffee dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water and cooled
Combine all ingredients and blend well
Refrigerate
Shake well before using
Will keep for 2 months refrigerated

Blueberry Liquor
Ingredients

· 1 (12 ounce) package frozen blueberries, thawed
· 1/2 lemon, zested
· 3 whole cloves

· 1 1/2 cups vodka
· 3/4 cup simple syrup
Directions

1. Mash thawed blueberries with a fork in a bowl, then place into a 1-quart canning jar. Add the lemon zest, cloves, and vodka.
2. Seal the jar tightly with its lid and place in a cool, dark place. Allow the vodka to stand for 3 months, shaking the jar gently every few days.
3. After 3 months, strain out the blueberries, and filter the vodka through cheesecloth into another 1-quart jar. Pour in the simple syrup, seal the jar tightly with its lid, and shake until the syrup has dissolved.
4. Again place into a cool, dark place, and age for at least a month. When ready to bottle, filter again through cheesecloth, then pour into a decorative bottle of your choice.
Simple syrup
Ingredients

• 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar

How to Make It

Step
In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.

Atomic cherries recipe

Ingredients:

• Fresh cherries*
  • Moonshine (or vodka)*
Directions:

1. Stem the cherries. (The stems can make the cherries bitter.)
  2. Score or pit the cherries. To score them, use a paring knife to create a slit around the hemisphere of the cherry (the stone should stop the knife from going all the way through). Use this method if you plan to have the cherries around for a while. You'll have to be careful of the stones when you use them, but the flesh won't break down as fast. If you plan to use them within a couple of weeks, you can pit them and not have to worry about the stones.
  3. Stuff the cherries into a sterilized Mason or other glass jar with an airtight lid. Try to pack them well without squashing them. Leave about an inch of headspace at the top.
  4. Cover the cherries with moonshine, leaving about 1/2 inch of headspace. If you're using additional flavors, make sure you account for those when filling the jar so you don't overfill it.
  5. Place the cherries in the refrigerator, and leave them for at least 24 hours. They're at their peak at a week in the fridge, but you can leave them longer since they're covered with alcohol (no water bath needed). Just make sure you only score the cherries if you plan to go longer than a couple of weeks.
  6. Serve them the same way you would maraschino cherries (adults only!). You can also pull out a few, freeze them on a greased sheet pan and pop them into a plastic freezer bag once they're frozen. And don't just throw out the liquor. It's still completely usable.

Crock-Pot Cherry Pie Moonshine

Prep Time
10minutes
Cook Time
120minutes
Ingredients
§ 30ounces canned cherries in heavy syrupsuch as Oregon brand
§ 1/2cup granulated sugar
§ 32ounces bottled cherry juice
§ 2cups grain alcoholor vodka
Instructions
1. Add the sugar, cherry juice and both cans of cherries to the crock-pot.
2. Cook on low for 1 hour to 2 hours or until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is heated.
3. Allow the mixture to cool.
4. Once the liquid has cooled , add in the grain alcohol or vodka.
5. Pour mixture into jars with lids.
6. Makes about 3 Quart Jars

Candy Cane Vodka

Ingredients

· 8-10 ounces vodka
· 1-2 full size candy canes
Instructions

1. Pour vodka into a mason jar
2. Add candy canes
3. Close lid & let sit about 1 week for the candy canes to completely dissolve.
4. Give it a good shake prior to use
5. Transfer to gift bottles if desired.

Cherry Liqueur

Ingredients
6 cups Bing cherries, pitted
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup vodka
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick, broken

Preparation

Put the pitted cherries at the bottom of a sealable glass jar and muddle them with a

wooden spoon or muddler to release some juice. Drain the juice into a separate container

and set aside. Then add the brandy, vodka, and cinnamon stick to the muddled cherries.

Seal and shake the jar. Let steep for one week at room temperature away from direct sun,

shaking every few days. Combine the reserved cherry juice, sugar, and water in a pan and

bring to a boil, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool.

Once the syrup is cooled, add it to the steeping jar, seal, and shake. Then let it steep for

an additional 2 to 5 days. Strain through fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth into glass

jar or bottle. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months

Cherry-infused bourbon

Yields 3 cups
Kick back and relax this summer with a cool old-fashioned cocktail. This cherry-infused bourbon adds just the right amount of seasonal flavor.
Ingredients:

• 3 cups bourbon
  • 2 cups fresh cherries
Directions:

1. Wash two cups of cherries and remove the stems and the pits. Place the cherries in a large Mason jar.
  2. Add three cups of bourbon to the jar and seal with the lid. Place in a cool dark place for one week. Shake the jar once a day for seven days.
  3. Using a fine sieve, strain the liquid from the cherries. Store the infused bourbon in a Mason jar in the freezer.

Creamy Coconut Liqueur

Prep Time 1 hour 50 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes

Servings 1 lt. - 4 cups
Ingredients
400 ml – 1 2/3 cups coconut milk
250 ml – 1 cup heavy cream
250 ml – 1 cup milk 100 gms – ½ cup sugar
100 ml – 3 oz. alcohol 95% or 151 proof grain alcohol or 125 ml – 4 oz. Vodka
5 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tsp coconut essence

Instructions
Put the coconut milk, cream, desiccated coconut, sugar and milk in a saucepan and heat on the fire until the sugar has melted.

Let the mixture cool down and then chill very well in the fridge.

Add the alcohol and coconut essence and mix well.

Filter it through a sieve and bottle it.

Keep it in the fridge for a couple of days and shake well before serving.

Recipe Notes This liqueur should keep in the fridge for a couple of months, though mine never lasts that long.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84