How long until FBO goes down?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally made the jump from FBO. The NDA site is awesome! Thank you to those that put in all the work to get it up and running. With the increased functionality and opportunity for growth, this site will quickly (already has) take over as the new "outdoors" site in ND.

Any thoughts on how long it will take FBO to close the doors? With the steap decrease in site hits, I'm sure the sponsors are already looking for ways out. I'll give them a few months before they realize they are fighting a losing battle.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I doubt you'll see the doors shut........Although it's been on a ventilator for several years Nodakoutdoors is still showing a weak pulse so........

Personally I think Davis and Joan are fine and who knows if they can get things corrected over time.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah had to make the jump today as well. Just getting way to slow and I hate that format they moved it to!

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
After reading this thread I jumped back over quick to check it out....It is definitely if rough shape. There was a comment on the "Where is everyone" thread about how maybe they could've survived toby's melt down of moderation or the garbage website they created but in now way could they survive both back to back. I absolutely agree with that. No, they wouldn't have been the FBO we had 5 years ago or so but they wouldn't be totally dead. The timing of the kindergarten built website couldn't have been any worse in my opinion. But in the end in really doesn't matter to me. I came over here as soon as i heard about it and haven't looked back (other than a couple peaks).

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The smartest thing they could do is find a way to carry over our login's, passwords, and such. I started the process, but had an issue and with no activity there anymore just said "f" it. Which is probably something many others ran into as well. Too bad. It was a fun site and I'd been one of it's first members.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am guessing the member getting banned thread got deleted because i asked nicely to be removed form the site and then a few others followed suit. A mass exit being so public is not something they wanted.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just peeked back to read the " Where is Everyone" thread. Pretty amusing. Davis is doing their best to cover up the FBO FUBAR that went down. The few members commenting sound pretty fed up. and I think most of them are over here already. That ship is heading down fast and one of the bilge pumps just failed

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me too...went over a took a peak and read the thread....sometimes out doing yourself hurts you more than it helps you...and thats what they did with the format of the site....on paper it might have look good but in reality, it hit them in the face.....it is NOT user friendly....and Joan seems to not to be handling the 'format sucks' feedback...seems like she wants you to say in a more formal fashion that doesnt sound so degrading. I have nothing against her. Not only did the bilge pump fail, they have no life jackets on board and the cork in the hull is about pop back out, hope they know how to swim.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
FBO is a perfect example of political correctness taken way too far. You can't make outdoors people not like bikinis and beer.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree,FBO was a lot of fun while it lasted,made a few friends,seems it stated going down even before the turn over.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know, if you keep going back to "take a peek" you give them hits. Rather give my hits to Vollmer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't you guys here president obama made it legal for fishing buddies to get married

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didnt mind FBO that much... although, I hadnt been on there much in the last year or so. I started getting more pissed off with the FBO calendar more than anything. Every year, the girls get worse and worse. Being honest, I would hope they could pull some better tail than that in ND, but im sure when you are advertising for girls with daddy issues, the cream of the crop doesnt usually come forward. Im sure they are nice girls and all, but I couldnt take it anymore.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
someone set up a profile for DB and mail him his log-in credentials

the transition will be officially complete at that point

fbo cant survive this. seriously, see it for what it is. week one day one for them. huuuuuuAH!

if you know how to get ahold of DB, send Vollmer the info so he can invite the ol guy to NDA. he seems so ronery over there on fbo with joan and davis.......

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site won't get shut down but the advertisers will be pulling the plug one by one. The place will sit idle until those thousands and thousands of new users come eventually, maybe from Wisconsin. It had a good run. Guess we now know who kept that site going, we tried to tell em, they refused to listen. Buuubye. They are old news now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74