How many water bodies have you fished?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sittin in the garage this weekend a buddy and I got on this subject. Its a thinker for sure but kinda fun to try to think of all the places a guy has fished. I sure i forgot some but as far as i could recall this is where im at -

ND - 30 lakes, 6 rivers
MN - 24 lakes, 3 rivers
IA - 2 farm ponds and 1 river
I'll admit i have fished 1 lake in WI....
Canada - 1 lake
Gulf of mexico

I was kinda disappointed in my numbers. I definitely need to start checking off a few in SD for sure.

I know some of you have fished in some pretty cool and unique places!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
not sure on the various bodies of water, but state wise I have hit ND, SD, MN, MT, TX, and FL.
I fished the Pacific in 2 different areas out of Mexico, and a dozen different spots in Canada.

I now ride motorcycle, and find fishing less appealing...haha

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy that's a noggin scratcher. I grew up near the Twin Cities and my summers were spent exploring new waters. Between that and having grandparents in lake-rich areas, I'm probably in the neighborhood of 75-100 lakes in MN (Heck, a single trip to the BWCA can net you a dozen lakes alone).

In ND, though, sadly I've only fished two lakes and one river. And they're all the big ones. I haven't had the time or the confidence to explore they magical, mystical walleye-choked sloughs I hear whispers about. So I hit my fallbacks in the land of 10,000 regulations.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is actually my replacement for counting sheep:

Most notable:

Pacific side of Panama Canal
Gulf of Mexico
Atlantic Ocean
Lake Guntersville
Lake Seminole
Stonecoal and Stonewall Jackson lakes in WV (HUGE freakn' muskie MM --state record 55in caught with Zebco trout rod in Stonecoal. Main forage is trout--muskie attacked trout and was landed)
"Dead" unstocked trout pond on golf course: Brindisi Air Base; Italy

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I couldn't tell you exact numbers without looking at a map for a couple hours. But, like Juan, I've fished ND, SD, MT, MN, IA, FL, and ME. I've also dunked a line in near the Domincan Republic, Cozumel, and Lake Winnipeg.

I would really love to do some more fishing in the oceans but wouldn't mind chasing what Alaskan waters have to offer. I'd also like to get over to europe to go after perch, zander, and pike.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many lakes,rivers in MN (blue plate transplant)
Sconi waters of Lake Michigan
MT
Canada
Colorado
Resurrection Bay out of Seward, Alaska
and a few lakes, streams in ND

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND, SD, MN, WI, MT, ID, OR, WA, WY, NE, MS, AL, GA, TX, NM, CO, Manitoba, Ontario, Sea of Cortez, and Pacific Ocean

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I almost had a poisonous sea snake crawl into my kayak at Fiji. Then got flipped over by a breaker coming back into shore and lost my stringer of fish which was found 20 minutes later by a local wearing goggles. I tipped him some Fiji bucks and ate them for dinner. That's about my best story. I will have to sit down and think about the original question.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND, MN, WY, WI, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan. Pretty boring list, hard to justify leaving home to fish.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
pretty much most of waters in the red areas. everything from drainage ditches to open ocean.

north_america_political_map.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND(would take way to long to figure out how many lakes/rivers etc) MN,SD,MT,ID,WA, MB. I've never been one to travel much for fishing/hunting. I have been getting back into fly fishing after about a decade and i can see myself traveling more for that. Just recently got back from ID/WA which was amazing. An Alaska float trip and Bahamas/Belize flats trip are on the bucket list.
IMG_0958 (003).jpg

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND(would take way to long to figure out how many lakes/rivers etc) MN,SD,MT,ID,WA, MB. I've never been one to travel much for fishing/hunting. I have been getting back into fly fishing after about a decade and i can see myself traveling more for that. Just recently got back from ID/WA which was amazing. An Alaska float trip and Bahamas/Belize flats trip are on the bucket list.
20170204_132824.jpg

Nice! Floating the Kenai is absolutely amazing. The amount of fish you see is like a dream. Don't forget to stop on some sand bars and watch the 10lb rainbows swim by your feet. Did some reef fishing in Belize 6 years ago. Going back there this winter and I am making sure I do a flats outing one day. I like your style.Thumbs Up

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice! Floating the Kenai is absolutely amazing. The amount of fish you see is like a dream. Don't forget to stop on some sand bars and watch the 10lb rainbows swim by your feet. Did some reef fishing in Belize 6 years ago. Going back there this winter and I am making sure I do a flats outing one day. I like your style.Thumbs Up

I've looked a little bit into the Kanektok river. A 7 day float through 90 miles of wilderness. Every kind of Salmon and leopard Rainbows. Hopefully in a few years. The biggest problem is finding a buddy who's wife will let him join me. Oh and the $$$ factor!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot GTMO! Had fun with a large gold/chartreuse back RattleTrap.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn making me think, you know that can't be good for you, N.D. (since Fall 2014) 6 lakes,2 Rivers, Ohio, 12 Lakes 5 Rivers, Gulf Coast 2 locations, East coast Florida 3 locations, Charleston S.C., Chesapeake Bay (Love those blue crabs) Quebec 4 Lakes. Lake Erie.... more times than I can possibly remember. MSA did you live in the Virgin Islands?? I have a friend that goes down there quite a bit so it is on my bucket list.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33