How to get rid of a bad weather curse?

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have concluded that yes, I some how contracted a bad weather curse for fishing trips. Every time I plan a trip, the weather is the coldest and often the snowiest. Can't complain to much but its crazy.

Devils Lake trip early February was snowy and in the -40s with windchill.
Winnipeg late February was -20s at night and single digits during the day.

Now after the warming trends and a favorable long term forecast for the past 2 weeks, our trip up to Clearwater next week is going to be the coldest days of the month. Goes from 40 degrees Monday to high of 8 degrees thursday and nothing over 23 degrees for the trip.

Few years ago we took a trip to Winnipeg and it turned out to be the coldest weekend of the year.

What can I do to get rid of the curse? Should I be nicer to the neighbors cat? Should I clip my toenails more often? Should I not laugh at my wife when she spills spaghetti on a white shirt? Should I burn incense and grow a man bun? Should I not use so much TP at convenience stores just because its free?

I'm out of ideas...

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I myself have had that issue. I found that the convenient times in my schedule tend to be the worst weather. I now find the worst times to go for my schedule, tend to be the best weather. I think the more work that goes into rearranging my schedule, pleases the weather and fish gods!

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'd try all of the remedies except for the man bun. No man buns.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait for good week of weather, call into work and tell them your mother in law down in who knows where is on her death bed and you’ll be gone for the week. They never question that kind of stuff. I always feel bad until I get out on the water, miraculously those feelings go away.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things could be worse, you do have your health to go out and enjoy all the things you like to do many cannot. I myself have cussed at the weather while out fishing, winter or summer, then said to myself. "Self things are not that bad, I am one of the lucky one's to enjoy Mother Nature's bounty and furry. Sometimes in the same day. :) Better luck next round

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well just saw the NWS extended 2 week temp forecast for ND is showing below normal temps through first week of April yet.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should leave the sate for a week. Usually gets nice and stays that way until I return

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come to the conclusion that end of July and Beginning of August is the only stable decent weather we have.

nybs

Honored Member
try reverse weather psychology....if you are planning to open water fish get your snowmobile/blower ready. The weather gods will think you want snow and maybe give you nice weather. Same is true in the fall/winter...if you want to ice fish don’t get your gear ready...instead get your golf clubs out and it’ll probably start freezing/snowing.

esox eric

I'll be up there on Clearwater next Sunday for 3 days. Lungdeflator: let me know how you did?

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buy a brand new snowmobile and a new snowblower, it won't snow for 2 years

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i found that at my age and time in at work i just go on the day it is nice and come back when i am done or it gets bad outside. db

- - - Updated - - -

i guess i have the best boss on earth, understanding and does enjoy what i enjoy. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7