How to wreck a Thursday

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Step 1, walk into the Dentists office with no insurane/inderinsurred.
Step 2, process to have 5 teeth pulled without novacaine being any help
Step 3, checkout, ansd schedule next cash only upfront adventure
Step 4, deciding not to skip step 1

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most dentists don't pull teeth for no reason. You must have had some serious doo doo in the facial region. OUCH!!!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dentist was giving me crap about not making my 6 month scheduled cleaning. I told him that my wife needs to treat the situation like dragging the dog to the vet. Tell me we're going out for beers and wings then drop me off, unattended in front of his office. I hate the dentist.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been to the dentist 2 times in the last decade. Each time the hygienist said "Wow, your teeth look good for 5 years!". I got them cleaned and said "see you when Devils Lake drops another 6-8 feet."

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been to the dentist 2 times in the last decade. Each time the hygienist said "Wow, your teeth look good for 5 years!". I got them cleaned and said "see you when Devils Lake drops another 6-8 feet."

So your going to head back to the dentist next fall?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The pumps are going to start running soon im betting.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had some bad dental experiences when in the Military. I got my teeth cleaned the fist time at 22 yrs old and thought I would die from the rough pissed off hygienist gouging my gums and tearing flesh. I guess she thought she would teach me a lesson to not chew anymore. Now I go every 6 Mos. No problems as I have a gentle and cute hygienist now.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most dentists don't pull teeth for no reason. You must have had some serious doo doo in the facial region. OUCH!!!

For sure Ahab. Gastric Bypass can and will wreck your teeth. I did not know this beforehand they really hide this one from the people. Many of the people go through it, due to calcium deficiency. Body just won't absorb it no matter the vitamins ya take. Just glad they were in the back for the most part. Nother problem is the calcium malabsorption can create early onset stages of ostheopor

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went for the first time in like 10 or 12 years. Dentist said my teeth looked great. Polished dental in Bismarck was a pleasure to go to. I suppose I will be back in a year. At least I think I get free cleanings every year.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went for the first time in like 10 or 12 years. Dentist said my teeth looked great. Polished dental in Bismarck was a pleasure to go to. I suppose I will be back in a year. At least I think I get free cleanings every year.

Polished or Polish?? Buddy walked in there and thought he was in the right place; last name ends in ski!!!!!

that's the old Nelson Dentistry right?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes that's the old Nelson family dentistry. Now it's polished dental

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'm guessing you had issues b4 you went... i too had issues and struggled with infections for years... finally found a dentist who would pull all my top teeth and go with a denture...

i had a denture built, went in one morning and had 13 teeth pulled in 45 minutes ((4 of them still good), with novacane by the way)... best day of my life (took 1 pain pill)... i have a full top denture, and have not had a problem in 10 years...

good luck... infections and pain suck...

Batman4277

years ago without dental insurance I had 6 pulled and 5 filled. then when I went in to get the next one looked at, the dentist says he thinks he can save it by doing a root canal. when he said it was $1500 for the root canal, I told him to pull it unless he was going to pay for it., because then there is no doubt it won't ever bother me again. I have since gotten dental insurance.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weird, I have never not had dental insurance. The cost is so minimal that just getting the 6 month cleanings covers the premium.

My parents started us going to the dentist as young as I can remember, and I did with my 4 kids too. Just something we do every 6 months, like changing the batteries on the smoke detectors in the house.

I figured ND to be more orally conscious than our southern brothers

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a broken tooth last year..dentist ask If I had insurance...said no.....he thought it would need to be capped, but then changed his mind and said thinks he can fix it...and by golly..he did. Didn't need to cap it. He retired the 1st of this year, relinquished he's office to a young dude. The Bill was less than 400 I was a happy camper.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dental insurance aint worth a poop once you get into the major crap most times. Yearly maximums are a ripoff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 177
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84