Hub Shelters- Must have/need items?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
1699152315904.png

Amazon product

Do they seem pretty rugged? I am sure you have to be careful, but plastic and winter doesn't always mix. I like the concept for certain situations. Thanks

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do they seem pretty rugged? I am sure you have to be careful, but plastic and winter doesn't always mix. I like the concept for certain situations. Thanks
I actually bought a different one that is metal a few years ago. Lots out there, bought mine on Amazon. Problem is most of them need modification with an angle grinder to cut slots in the base that will slide into the grate on the Buddy. This one intrigued me because it comes with clips specifically for the Buddy. Didn't realize it was plastic.

The metal blades on mine are susceptible to bending easily and I have to be careful when transporting. It still works if they're bent but makes it less than silent which I don't like. Maybe the plastic is actually better in that it doesn't bend and hold the new shape?

Edit: Where does it say it's plastic? I see "Thick Alloy Material" which I assume is metal. On a side note I just noticed it claims "below 25db". I'm running mine right now in the garage and it is literally silent. Dead silent. 25db is quieter than most farts.
1699418916961.png

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's my fan. You can somewhat see the modifications to the base I had to do. Also, fun fact, if you put your hand directly above the fan there is such little heat that you can hold your hand there indefinitely. Try doing that without the fan (F around and find out lol). It's moving most of the hot air out instead of straight up.

Turn the volume up.....what you hear is a ceiling fan, not the one on the Buddy.

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
That thing worked great when went we met up that one time, still boggles me how it works. FYI to others, if you set it o the ice it runs in reverse.
We need to get out again this winter! I'm armed with Livescope now so we'll have a better idea of what's going on and where we should be.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got one on the way to try ( had other shit ordered so added). Normally use a rechargeable fan that does work pretty good. Just clamp onto frame of Otter. Like stated, I'm afraid if blades get bent it will struggle and become a little noisy. Will see.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got one on the way to try ( had other shit ordered so added). Normally use a rechargeable fan that does work pretty good. Just clamp onto frame of Otter. Like stated, I'm afraid if blades get bent it will struggle and become a little noisy. Will see.
Keep us posted ! thx

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need to get out again this winter! I'm armed with Livescope now so we'll have a better idea of what's going on and where we should be.
yeah we do, I've never really been around the new fancy stuff so will be interested to see it work. Last year I think I went out maybe 4 times, this year needs to be a little different

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's my fan. You can somewhat see the modifications to the base I had to do. Also, fun fact, if you put your hand directly above the fan there is such little heat that you can hold your hand there indefinitely. Try doing that without the fan (F around and find out lol). It's moving most of the hot air out instead of straight up.

Turn the volume up.....what you hear is a ceiling fan, not the one on the Buddy.

Thank you Cat for all the info. I truly appreciate it. I was my damn fault I didn't read everything about the fan, I it just looked like plastic. That is what I get for assuming. I just may get one. I like my other light fan combo for the hub, but this may work great in my flipover. Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hang it in my Eskimo Hub and Clam Fish Trap. You can also adjust the lantern so it's a floodlight. The lantern has a USB charger port too.
Picked one up at Newbys yesterday, tried it out in the dark garage, think it should work nicely

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have that little JBL speaker, my phone, or Ipod link to it and it lasts the entire trip.
Works nice, and also will charge.
but but but....isn't the purpose of heading out ice fishing/hunting/etc. is to get away from the ordinary day to day conveniences and enjoy just being out and about?:ROFLMAO:

but but but....isn't the purpose of heading out ice fishing/hunting/etc. is to get away from the ordinary day to day conveniences and enjoy just being out and about?:ROFLMAO:
Give me my Heavy Metal!!!

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recommendations for comfortable chairs that don’t take up half the truck bed?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84