HUH!!!!!!!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Traffic in Fargo is courteous,orderly and efficient. Just sayin'.

- - - Updated - - -

North Fargo anyway. :;:howdy

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Traffic in Bismarck is generally hampered by someone riding along 3-5MPH UNDER the speed limit holding up traffic behind them and ensuring you'll stop at every red light. 32-35MPH on State Street (it's 40MPH zone), same on Expressway until it's 50MPH then you get 2 cars running side-by-side @ 40-43MPH. Or lastly, 21-22MPH on 7th or 9th with the car next to them speeding up to 27 then down to 18 ensuring nobody can get past either car.

Traffic in Fargo resembles the pits @ Bristol during a Nascar race.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Traffic in Bismarck is generally hampered by someone riding along 3-5MPH UNDER the speed limit holding up traffic behind them and ensuring you'll stop at every red light. 32-35MPH on State Street (it's 40MPH zone), same on Expressway until it's 50MPH then you get 2 cars running side-by-side @ 40-43MPH. Or lastly, 21-22MPH on 7th or 9th with the car next to them speeding up to 27 then down to 18 ensuring nobody can get past either car.

Traffic in Fargo resembles the pits @ Bristol during a Nascar race.
Boy, you nailed it Sdmf. I can't imagine the stress is great for my body but I get close to complete myocardial infarction before I get past 9th and expressway

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
No worries, once the beltway is done according to our jack ass mayor State St will no longer be congested. Therefore traffic should move along nicely. :;:huh

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
No worries, once the beltway is done according to our jack ass mayor State St will no longer be congested. Therefore traffic should move along nicely. :;:huh

Well at least that project is based on principles that are far more likely to work then the main street project! it's a rare beasts in traffic management when you can reduce lanes to increase speed! When your speed lane also happens to be the parking lane and vary often the right turn lane your prettmuch screwed. If they want this to truly work they will have to remove the parking on main and make that a dedicated turn lane that more then two cars can fit in!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy, you nailed it Sdmf. I can't imagine the stress is great for my body but I get close to complete myocardial infarction before I get past 9th and expressway
If I was making your drive I'd probably run around on 94.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad I am not the only one who constantly bitches about Bismarck traffic. I could go on for days....The slow drivers who wont drive the speed limit...the drivers who insist on driving next to each other and blocking two lanes so no one can get around. I ride motorcycle and that one drives me crazy. On a bike, the goal is to never spend much time in close proximity to another vehicle. Either stay back or get around. The people who continue to turn left through an intersection after the light has turned red and block oncoming traffic. The wear and tear/terrible gas mileage on my truck because an engineer can't time any damn lights. The folks who get on your bumper on 94 and wont use CC when the weather is PERFECT (more so all of ND on 94)...the other day driving to Fargo I had a car that would NOT leave me alone. I switched lanes...speed up..slowed down...Finally I slowed down to 40mph on the interstate and he would not go around me so I pulled over all together just to get away from this dim wit and he looked at me like I owed him money. Dumb SOB. I love the oasis truck stop intersection in the morning...backed up for blocks, and the new high school ISNT EVEN OPEN YET! Mostly because of semis using the truck stop. If I was a betting man, (like Pahlke) i'd have a truck station in the works east of town. Anyways....enough venting. Thanks. See ya.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well at least that project is based on principles that are far more likely to work then the main street project! it's a rare beasts in traffic management when you can reduce lanes to increase speed! When your speed lane also happens to be the parking lane and vary often the right turn lane your prettmuch screwed. If they want this to truly work they will have to remove the parking on main and make that a dedicated turn lane that more then two cars can fit in!

I agree that what they are proposing to do downtown is idiotic at best. Not a fan of the beltway project as I live real close to where this would be going through. Right now it's very peaceful, but if this project is indeed going to go through then I'll hear a lot of traffic and the lack of traffic (seeing and hearing) is the main reason I moved to where I did.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Fargo traffic is awesome in summer.

1/2 the traffic is college related - so that's all gone. The few remaining intl students walk everywhere.

Another 1/4 is people of means who have lake places in MN (kids and moms spend all their summer at the cabin).

So there is about 1/4 traffic left in North Fargo in the summer. It's downright spooky - never more than 3-4 cars at an intersection.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in Bismarck the other day and got caught behind a public works truck on expressway and whatever road that one way is that goes north to the capitol. There was a lot of traffic so I was just going to patiently wait. The people behind me just started turning into the other lane without even looking. It worked for number 1, 2, and 3, but number four took a hard broadside that nearly slammed him into me. I edged over and got into the empty right turn lane. I didn't want to go that direction, but I just wanted the heck out of there.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can add lanes, change lanes or remove lanes…bottom line you can’t fix stupid…and there is a whole helluva lot of it out there.

For example this morning…I pull up to a 4-way stop, car on my right that was there before me and kind of rolling stopped to begin with, does a couple of those brake pump half ass stops before turning in front of me without a blinker…I give him the look "WTF" look as he drives by, I look in my rear view mirror and he’s flipping me off, ha…seriously you came to a rolling stop and didn’t use your blinker and flipped me off??? Eff’in genius…so it really doesn’t matter what you do there will always be stupid out there…

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe Bismarck needs more cycling lanes that would help everything

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I was making your drive I'd probably run around on 94.

You're probably on to something there. When I lived in Mandan, I got to drive over the river every day. Kind of a nice way to start and end a day. That and I could see where all the boats were congregated on community holes.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe Bismarck needs more cycling lanes that would help everything

Cycling lanes are awesome…they really help to improve and enhance your driving ability…I mean it takes a certain skill set to gentle clip the shoulder of a cyclist just enough to cause direction change but not completely wipe them out…remember practice makes perfect

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you to see absolute rage between two groups of people, witness drivers vs. cyclists in downtown Denver. As I enjoyed my burger, beer, and company at Tilted Kilt, I got to witness one collision, and a dozen middle fingers between the two groups.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80