HUH!!!!!!!!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://m.bismarcktribune.com/mobile/article_eddb5ae1-e5a6-5ce4-9f53-45cfd456a8ed.html

OK is it just me or does this idea lack any common sense!? So to speed things up your going to take away a lane....ahhhhhhh that's sounds counterproductive to me! So now the 30% or so of people riding the left lane hoping to squeak through will now be forced into the right lane congesting it to hell and back with gaining no additions to speed up its progress! to me it looks like you're taking exactly what we have and reducing it trying to speed it up......that is inherently idiotic!;:;badidea

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, two lanes with a middle turning lane seems to be a recipe for a lot of accidents in that area. As it is though, i hate - absolutely hate - driving my truck down main in bismarck. Seems too frickin' narrow in my truck.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh and if she's thinks parallel parking was scary before just wait till all the theoretically through traffic is piled up on the right hand side! Hell why don't we go spend more money on a study to figure out why girls with big boobs get hit on more often if they wear a tight shirt at the bar!

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah the only thing that would make sense at this point is to spend 1.2 million on a feasibility study and another 2.6 million on an engineering firm to draw up a mock plan. . . . all so we can feel like a big city. hooray!:::

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sidney MT basically did the same thing. Their "main drag"(central ave) had 4 lanes but was ridiculously narrow it seemed since parking was allowed on both sides. I'm not sure if it actually worked however it is more comfortable due to the extra room and those turning aren't holding up the show anymore. Biggest problem in MT is many towns use a state highway as their main drag. That makes it impossible for enforcement of a truck route ordinance. I agree the idea does seem ridiculous and the public was fairly upset initially but everyone has seemed to forget that there was an issue.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems counter intuitive to me as well. Point a finger at any intersection in Bismarck and you'll find congestion. Thankfully, Menards is right across the street so I spend 30 minutes there before I make my trek back to the south side.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im guessing this is being pushed by downtown business that would like to use more 'sidewalk' space and decrease traffic, except for the traffic that is coming to give them money directly....

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you are saying they are moving west with the great ideas of minneapolis

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
West Minneapolis sits across the river from Mandan now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like zebra mussels - glacially moving toward your town.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh no you di'nt

T2eC16ZHJHYE9nzpebUvBQpP28Uyw7E7E60_35JP-1.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
somabitches.

I vote for the guy that will build a fence on the east side of the Missouri river, no little cattle barbed wire fence, I am talking the great wall of China...haha

I think Hillary might be the pant suit I will be casting a vote for...she seems neat.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems counter intuitive to me as well. Point a finger at any intersection in Bismarck and you'll find congestion. Thankfully, Menards is right across the street so I spend 30 minutes there before I make my trek back to the south side.

yeah its getting pretty crowded around town.. . . not what it was 10 years ago when I moved to Bismarck. . . starting to get claustrapohobic. anybody else have to try to make a left turn onto old hwy 10 off of expressway by the GNF office at 530? I still cant believe they haven't put a protected arrow in that intersection yet. . . . . oh yeah that's right all the money is going into making downtown feel all cozy and city like and shit.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah its getting pretty crowded around town.. . . not what it was 10 years ago when I moved to Bismarck. . . starting to get claustrapohobic. anybody else have to try to make a left turn onto old hwy 10 off of expressway by the GNF office at 530? I still cant believe they haven't put a protected arrow in that intersection yet. . . . . oh yeah that's right all the money is going into making downtown feel all cozy and city like and shit.
There's days where I think i need more fishing equipment and go that way in order to stop at Dakota tackle. I feel bad for people that have to turn left there. Any left turn sucks nowadays. Or people that slam in their brakes because the car, 100 ft in front of them, taps their brakes. Then give me a dirty look as I motor around them. Ah, I could complain about Bismarck traffic all day. I actually enjoyed running around Minneapolis traffic while I went to school there. People knew how to drive in congestion. Too many people seem to be in a Sunday cruise every day at 8 AM.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I always love the people from here that break as they merg instead of accelerate like they should! Get to a big city and try that and you will get to play the game of how many middle fingers can I count!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Us oilfield folk learned years ago that sometimes you need to turn right to eventually go left. It's insanity sometimes out there.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Traffic does suck in Bismarck. Half the people have no clue what the posted speed limit is...especially up on 71, and the person who sets the timing of the lights (guessing a traffic engineer), that guy needs to be beat with a rubber hose. The lights in this town are so f'n screwed up. I got to experience trying to make that left turn off expressway onto old 10 the other day at 5pm, yeah...that is a damn mess. ;:;banghead

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too many people seem to be in a Sunday cruise every day at 8 AM.

I got stuck behind 2 on Century yesterday @ ~6:00PM. 31MPH from 83 all the way to Tyler Parkway. Accellerate nice and slow the drive just slow enough to make sure you catch EVERY red light. I'm lucky I didn't have a stroke.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74