Hungarians

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
As of recent in the last 3 weeks I have seen 3 small hatch's. Two I think must of been late as the chicks were really small. One group of 5 really little ones. They didn't even try to fly. The other ones were a little bigger and flew a short distance. There were 9 in that group.
They are my second favorite game bird. Number one is Ruffed Grouse of coarse. :ROFLMAO:
Anyone seeing many hatches around?

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where you at Zogman? Lots of huns in and around the south west. If I'm in the mood to hunt rufflies I'm heading to the UP... I'm not the guy to spend a dime in MN..

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where you at Zogman? Lots of huns in and around the south west. If I'm in the mood to hunt rufflies I'm heading to the UP... I'm not the guy to spend a dime in MN..
Grand Forks. Spend some time up in Pembina County as I am working on cleaning grave stones in a couple of Cemeteries up there.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huns seemed to have a really good hatch in my area. North Central part of state. Lots of pasture and grasslands here. Grouse seem like a poor hatch. See some grouse with just 2 or 3 chicks, others with more, quite a few with none. Turkeys also seemed to have a poor hatch and just seen one hen the other day with a hatch of really late ones. Probably the size of a tennis ball. A few pheasants around but haven't seen any with babies. They still haven't recovered from the back to back blizzards a few years ago. Ducks all seemed to have amazing hatches.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a group pop up out of the tall grass by my shop a few weeks ago and surprised the heck out of me. We don't see them very often in my area.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Different type :)

1724767288842.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 143
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 59