Ice fishing by December?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might have to stop out there and check the ice out. I've been itching to try out my new Tickle Stick so today might be the day.

Wouldn't a women be better for that then a trout.....I guess if you get a carp it could be similar!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might have to stop out there and check the ice out. I've been itching to try out my new Tickle Stick so today might be the day.

Wouldn't this be better suited for the bedroom than the ice?? :;:howdy;:;rofl:;:sorry I've been doing honey do stuff yesterday, and today. Dang Christmas lights , and decorations. ;:;banghead

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't a women be better for that then a trout.....I guess if you get a carp it could be similar!

Wouldn't this be better suited for the bedroom than the ice?? :;:howdy;:;rofl:;:sorry I've been doing honey do stuff yesterday, and today. Dang Christmas lights , and decorations. ;:;banghead

You guys are thinking of my old Tickle Stick..My new one is longer with more backbone ;:;rofl

Was about 3.5 inches out at Crown Butte a little less than I am comfortable with but there was about 6-7 guys out there so I went for it. Caught a bunch of tiny bluegills and the new rod performed great. I had a Scheels gift card to burn so figured I would pick up a 13 ultralight tickle stick. Seems like it will be one of my go to panfish rods. I might check out the ice conditions at Sweet Briar tomorrow and report back.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove by Sweetbriar today and you may think twice before venturing out on the ice.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got out yesterday afternoon. Ice was 1-2". Never fished on ice that thin. Walleye didn't mind though.

Chuckmain

Founding Member
Founding Member
One perch, one eye and one northern 4" of ice far east side of stump 6" of ice between stump and devils and 6" to 7" on lake irvine.

Attachments

image.jpg

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a few guys fishing on Ashtabula yesterday. Both crossings had a couple guys out. Don't know how thick the ice was though or if they were catching anything.

Bushwacker28

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone know how the bays on the big water are looking? Heard of people fishing the smaller lakes last weekend.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have an ice report on Sibley?

driving back from bismarck on sunday we took some back roads and ended up there. stopped and walked out a little ways. Appeared to be about 2-3 inches but hard to tell just judging by the cracks and bubbles in the ice. for whatever reason the ice immediately in front of the landing looked sketchy as hell (cloudy/frozen slushy-ness), but the rest of the ice looked nice and clear for the most part.

ps. it wasnt me who threw the rocks out there...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
driving back from bismarck on sunday we took some back roads and ended up there. stopped and walked out a little ways. Appeared to be about 2-3 inches but hard to tell just judging by the cracks and bubbles in the ice. for whatever reason the ice immediately in front of the landing looked sketchy as hell (cloudy/frozen slushy-ness), but the rest of the ice looked nice and clear for the most part.

ps. it wasnt me who threw the rocks out there...

That matches what my buddy had when they punched a few holes in it on Friday. Sibley was one of the lakes that had large areas of open water past when most of the rest had froze so its going to take her longer. Most every lake has that ice on the east sides. It's the slush ice that formed in the high winds the first day the lakes started to ice over. It's spooky stuff!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep punching holes in the ice with my feet while rooster hunting so I think I'll refrain from drilling any holes in the ice for a while yet. The pup and I did manage a couple roosters, so a wet foot wasn't so irritating after we were done hunting.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
One perch, one eye and one northern 4" of ice far east side of stump 6" of ice between stump and devils and 6" to 7" on lake irvine.

6inch walleye?

Fuh dat --- try open water fishing is still game on. 2015-12-02 08.34.33.jpg

That's ahabs ranger trailer.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man between this damn snow we got slowing ice formation and the heat in this forcast things are going to be dicey for a while.Screenshot_2015-12-02-09-06-11.jpg

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep. We need a cold snap. This weather trend screws up everything. Ice fishing, coyote and waterfowl hunting, etc.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well atleast it gives us crazy guys more time on the ice before the crowds descend in mass. Plus after last year I'm not going to bitch about stable weather....god last year sucked for that.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well atleast it gives us crazy guys more time on the ice before the crowds descend in mass. Plus after last year I'm not going to bitch about stable weather....god last year sucked for that.

the barometric pressure readings looked like a damn roller coaster as well as my fishing success. But, I'll trade a bad day in the shack for the best day in the office any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jeez dean i didnt know u were the dean of icefishing, hunting, and life. Hey everybody! Hows it hanging?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88