I'm addicted to Power Pro

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
What knot do you nano guys use? I tried it when it first came out and had trouble with my knots slipping or breaking right at the knot

Never tried nano but all my spiderwire stealth and PP have always been palomar knot

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use to only run PP, until I tried suffix 832.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
PP for me too, it's on every single rod I own. I used to have two rods spooled with mono, after getting use to the PP, I couldn't fish with the mono and switch them over also. Been using it exclusively for almost a decade! Yes on the buy it in bulk 1500yd rolls, palomar knot works best, yes on filling my spool all the way with PP, no on reversing the line only because I'm lazy; however on the flip side I know I have rods with 5+ year old power pro. I have one that has a knot in the spool than needs to be stripped down to the knot because the line catches on it when trying to cast or drop line. other than that, no issues, I'm a believer!

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
$3 to $4 per gallon of gasoline, $4 per dozen crawlers, $7 crankbaits, yada yada yada, and you guys are worried about the price of fishing line?

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also reverse my lines when they become fuzzy. Palomar knot for tying to tackle, Albright knot for PP to Flouro leader. Never had a knot slip.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's funny Guy! #$%^&>
I've been a Fire Line guy for a long time. Maybe it's time to try something new to shake it up a bit.

Fish On!

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems like I would get more wind knots with PP than other comparable. Maybe because it is more "thread like or softer" than say Fireline.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
nano’s achilles heel is abrasion

it’s not for trolling/dragging

pitching and slipbobbering covers 90 of my fishing so I use it a lot

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
$3 to $4 per gallon of gasoline, $4 per dozen crawlers, $7 crankbaits, yada yada yada, and you guys are worried about the price of fishing line?

It's not so much about the price of line as using what I have to the fullest extent possible before throwing it away. I have to strip the PP line off when it gets frayed anyway, so why not strip it off and put it right back on in reverse. PP doesn't go bad or slinky up like mono. The rest of the stuff I don't worry about too much. I'm only 5 miles from my fishing spot, use leather personnel carriers 90% of the time, and I catch my own crawlers if I want them. I've got to give you the 7+ dollar crankbaits though. Them things are spendy.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I switched a reel over to PP this spring. After a few days of spring fishing I threw it in the garbage. For whatever reason for me the hammer handles would cut that stuff like butter. I put on fireline like I've always used and had no more issues.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have one reel that holds 4,000 yards of line, plus the countless other reels that hold 200-1,000 yards. That money adds up quick.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Better question. How do you guys prevent line twist when spooling up a spinning reel?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Run the line out is my first fishing memory, Dad had me run out line in the yard till he hollered stop then I would circle around and bring the end back and run back out with the other end . The rules were run fast and hold with just right tension so the swivels turn when he was reeling me back in. My boys did it for me too , Good way for them to burn off energy and do things together and make sure you have zero twist.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I switched a reel over to PP this spring. After a few days of spring fishing I threw it in the garbage. For whatever reason for me the hammer handles would cut that stuff like butter. I put on fireline like I've always used and had no more issues.

I don't get many bite offs on it. My rods all have 50 or 20 Pp except for one with nano.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better question. How do you guys prevent line twist when spooling up a spinning reel?

Lay the spool flat on the floor, reel in 10 or so cranks of new line, then flip the spool, reel 10 cranks, flip the spool, repeat till spool is empty.

- - - Updated - - -

I run this (80 lb test, bright yellow) on my mainline for catfish. It is very comparable to PP which is what I switched from.

That's what lots of guys on other forums are saying, just wondering if any of you guys have tried it. Super cheap. I guess there's only a couple factories where fishing line is made, and this stuff is supposed to be pretty much the same as power pro

- - - Updated - - -

Palomar knots on everything except my braid to mono, then I use an Albright or uni knot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88