I'm addicted to Power Pro

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when i was a kid, im guessing around 1996 or so when Tony Dean came to the Fargo Sportsman show. The question asked at the time was if braided line was a fad or here to stay. At that time he believed it was a fad. His word then was gold to me. But times change and i bet if he was here today, he would be all in on some type of braid. It took me years to make a switch. BUT, power pro is on at least half my rods and love it. Just this weekend i used it pulling largemouth thru weedbeds. 20 lb on my cranks and 8 - 10 on my spinner rods. Love the stuff!

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use to use pp exclusive and 832 on my cranking rods but i have now switched almost 100% back to mono I catch just as many fish Evan my crank rods have mono again the only pole I have pp on is one of my jigging poles in use it in weed beds I broke to many poles and reals using pp it doesn't give so use snag up and didn't remember to loosen your drag pole breaks especially cranking Evan spinning when you get snagged and try and horse it poles break reals break I do have poles with lifetime warranty but living 2.5 hrs away from Scheels sucks I'll just stick to mono and my equipment doesn't take quite the beating

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use to use pp exclusive and 832 on my cranking rods but i have now switched almost 100% back to mono I catch just as many fish Evan my crank rods have mono again the only pole I have pp on is one of my jigging poles in use it in weed beds I broke to many poles and reals using pp it doesn't give so use snag up and didn't remember to loosen your drag pole breaks especially cranking Evan spinning when you get snagged and try and horse it poles break reals break I do have poles with lifetime warranty but living 2.5 hrs away from Scheels sucks I'll just stick to mono and my equipment doesn't take quite the beating

Snag 101 with PP --

1. I use 30lbs test PP on everything i own - yes it may be heavy but i dont lose much and the fish are dumb in ND they dont care if you use PP or not. MN walleyes take a lesson from largemouths and have a little bit higher IQ -- when they see pp they are cautious.

2. Snags - release your drag upon getting a snag -- keep line up but dont pull on the rod. Aim the rod tip towards the snag and hold on to spool and pull if it doesnt come easy then we will stop the boat everybody reel in - and we will turn around and go over the snag. You will then tighten the line and snap it with your other hand and try to get it lose -- if it doesnt loosen then hold the rod towards the snag so that none of the rod is bent and hold on to spool and try to break it -- if that doesnt work release and tie to cleat on boat and let the boat break the line. Never should you bend the rod massively to release the snag and you wont break a rod.

another thing to stay away from:

3. Eyecons and legends bottom bouncer edition-- throw them away they are the most worthless rod known to man -they have to much flex and they catch every snag in the lake. They say 3oz on them - what a bunch of Shit -- put a 3oz bouncer on and they bend 50% or more.

good fishing short

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shorty sounds like you’re really addicted to PP!

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you have broken more than one rod (i'll give everyone 1 because shit happens) due to getting snagged, I don't think I'd be blaming the line...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't turn around for snags!!!!

you have the big bucks !!!! and i dont. I generally do not get snagged -- i test run an new area and once in a while an old tree is still standing in a spot that was unexpected. If i am running straight pp - i pull em off specially if they are flickers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88