Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker Recipes

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i use it mostly to make roast... get bout a 3-4# beef eye of round and the same size pork loin, trim down to bare meat, then season and cut up an onion and add 1 cup water and 1-2 tbsp of beef bouillon... set for 1:45 on high heat pressure cook...

gives you pure fork tender meat and very good ajou for dipping or gravy...

also very good for using a small chicken to make home made soup... or chicken breasts for fajita meat...

my brother has one and makes home made yogurt all the time...

we use ours more all the time... good piece...

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
just got my wife one for christmas and she loves it, she just uses slow cooker recipes. we have a friend who uses theirs to pressure can meat as well

hardwaterdriller

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have made lobster and crab legs, turns out better than grilling or oven cooking. Definitely my go-to cooking method for those. Also tried for hard-boiled eggs, very easy method. Did the lasagna recipe, it tasted good, but using the long noodles was a hassle to try and scoop out of the pot. I would probably just use the same ingredients, but use different type of noodle.

We did a whole chicken, and probably wasn't my favorite. But it would be good for cooking the chicken for soups or for chicken tacos. Going to try this Jambalaya recipe next.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been thinking of getting one of these. Which model or size do you guys recommend?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there any kind of a rack or mesh basket a person could put in there? I was thinking maybe sort of a saltwater steam-bath for walleyes/perch etc with a little melted butter for dipping.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have made lobster and crab legs, turns out better than grilling or oven cooking. Definitely my go-to cooking method for those. Also tried for hard-boiled eggs, very easy method. Did the lasagna recipe, it tasted good, but using the long noodles was a hassle to try and scoop out of the pot. I would probably just use the same ingredients, but use different type of noodle.

We did a whole chicken, and probably wasn't my favorite. But it would be good for cooking the chicken for soups or for chicken tacos. Going to try this Jambalaya recipe next.

Never even thought of crab legs. I bet they turn out great. I think I am going to try chicken wings tonight.

nybs

Honored Member
We got one for Christmas - pretty happy with it so far. I've made pulled pork for sandwiches and it was awesome. Also did wild rice soup and put a whole breast on top of all ingredients - shredded in 30-35 minutes and soup was great. Those ribs look good...will have to try that next. Also saw something about 'crack pot chicken' that looked pretty good (bacon, cream cheese, ranch)...
Pulled Pork: Cut pork shoulder into chunks - dry rub (chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, pepper), then heat olive oil and saute chunks to brown them. Instead of putting sauce on to pressure cook, I just used some broth. 90 minutes, slow release, shred and enjoy.

hardwaterdriller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there any kind of a rack or mesh basket a person could put in there? I was thinking maybe sort of a saltwater steam-bath for walleyes/perch etc with a little melted butter for dipping.

Ours came with a rack to keep it off the bottom. For Lobster, we added a cup of water and 1/2 cup of white wine and it turned out great. Because it is steamed, for the crab legs, you don't get any mushy meat or excess water like you do with boiling. So the pot works great for shell fish items. I will have to try it for walleye someday.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 85
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31