Lithium battery jump starter?

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Backstory; I have a Minnkota Ulterra and ran my lithium batteries completely empty the other day and everything just shut off with absolutely no reserve power to the trolling motor. I didn't have the necessary tools in the boat to disassemble the motor mechanism so I could stow it and drive back to the ramp, so I had to remove one of my main engine batteries and connect it to my trolling motor system while floating out on the water just to get the trolling motor back into the stow position.

Question: Is there a company that makes one of those small little portable jump starter packs for boosting a lithium battery, so I don't have to worry about swapping batteries or taking apart a mechanism on the water to get my trolling motor into the stow position? I have googled this to death and nobody really provides answers this question...to me it would be a very simple solution to have an emergency jumper pack to power the battery back up just enough to get the trolling motor in.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Curious what lithium battery setup you have for your trolling motor, and what kind of time you got on it prior to killing it.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to remove one of my main engine batteries and connect it to my trolling motor system while floating out on the water just to get the trolling motor back into the stow position.
no alternative? OMG What babyboomers kid designed that.

Freedom

★★★★ Legendary Member
Wires cheap enough, run a jumper from your main with one of those battery switches

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cables were a staple in my boat, either for myself ( never needed ) or someone else's need. That's the one bad of lithium, they just quit.

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't jumper cables work? And I thought you could manually stow self deploy trolling motors?
You can, if you have tools onboard. My quick detach plate was even padlocked, so I was really screwed.

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious what lithium battery setup you have for your trolling motor, and what kind of time you got on it prior to killing it.
Just installed it a month ago. Group 31 size batteries, 2-100ah, 24 volt system…but I was using it to pull cranks in shallow water, so after about 4 hrs of running on 7.5-8.5 it finally ran out of battery. If just using it for live bait it would have ran all day no problem.

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't jumper cables work? And I thought you could manually stow self deploy trolling motors?
Will this work from a lead acid to a lithium without causing any issues? If so, this is definitely the easier and cheaper solution.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jumper Cables or Battery Booster Pack - Jumper cables or a battery booster pack are essential for establishing a connection between the dead lithium battery and a power source. If using jumper cables, ensure they are compatible with the voltage and current requirements of your battery. Battery booster packs, on the other hand, are self-contained units that provide the necessary power to jump-start a dead battery without the need for an external power source.

Power pack would be another option to carry along.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I carry NORCO portable Battery booster and have for many years since they came out, got rid of jumper cables take up to much space.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 17
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4