Livescope

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
V If I were in your shoes I'd try cutting a deal with either the outlet stores, or the company selling it. You could offer free advertising and product review to a not so small audience. Tell them to sponsor you so to speak, sell yourself a little, put a sticker on your boat. Keep making videos and wear some of their gear and use it in the videos.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
V If I were in your shoes I'd try cutting a deal with either the outlet stores, or the company selling it. You could offer free advertising and product review to a not so small audience. Tell them to sponsor you so to speak, sell yourself a little, put a sticker on your boat. Keep making videos and wear some of their gear and use it in the videos.
I have a hard time doing stuff like that.
I appreciate the nudge, though.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear you, It's usually the guys that can wipe their ass with money that pull off those moves the best.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am way to cheap to put this much $$ into a gadget, my vex seems to get me on fish, and the time I have on the water is what I am searching for, not the biggest fish, or mostest catch.

I would rather fish with a buddy and a few ice cold Busch lights, than any pro any day.

That is just me though, an easy going good time fella.

Last edited:

Btmbncr

I keep my livescope portable. I use it for icefishing and on the boat.It's great to use it slow trolling bouncers! I turn it towards the rear of the boat in forward mode. Can easily see the spinner and bottombouncer on the screen. Its nice to see the fish coming towards the spinner!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am way to cheap to put this into a gadget, my vex seems to get me on fish, and the time I have on the water is what I am searching for, not the biggest fish, or mostest catch.

I would rather fish with a buddy and a few ice cold Busch lights, than any pro any day.

Yeah but do your fishing buddies have “egg money”…

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep my livescope portable. I use it for icefishing and on the boat.It's great to use it slow trolling bouncers! I turn it towards the rear of the boat in forward mode. Can easily see the spinner and bottombouncer on the screen. Its nice to see the fish coming towards the spinner!
It looks like you need another one in the front so you can see fish ahead of you and you can steer towards them.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been watching comparisons on YouTube and it seems like the Lawrence version is more detailed. Also it looks like there is a #2 version coming out in spring that is supposed to be even more detailed. I have no experience with them though. But it’s kinda making me lean towards the Lawrence. Any opinions?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I’ve been watching comparisons on YouTube and it seems like the Lawrence version is more detailed. Also it looks like there is a #2 version coming out in spring that is supposed to be even more detailed. I have no experience with them though. But it’s kinda making me lean towards the Lawrence. Any opinions?
The Lowrance looked dang good to me! Like you, I am only basing that opinion from Youtube videos, though.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
How do you position it on the back of the boat? What holds it in place?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

What helps me locate the bottom bouncer walleye laying on the bottom of lake sak? Unless if i can keep my boat in exactly one position like ice fishing i cant see that. Its just bottom.

The bass boys on fork --- when the wind blows face the boat into the wind - with the livescope out the back and cast. I get that 100% your moving a little spot lock find cast move spot lock find cast. I get that. The whole watching a fish hit my bottom bouncer indicates i already found them. I am going to watch my rod tip in that case. .

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy fabricated a bracket. He has aluminum welders at his disposal so it's too bad. He has it it fits into a rod holder so I think it could go in the back, but its hard wired into the front graph. I used if for 3 or 4 days off and on. The way those pro bass guys use them is insane. They only cast at fish. They have them pointed forward on their front motor somehow and then are using the food control to search and chase fish down. They way they were fishing for the smallies and OAHE last year taught me a lot.

Sundevil

I have been running my unit out of a shuttle year round since I bought it for this exact same reason. I can get a full day at 10 degrees fishing outside with my amped 18ah battery, so there's no reason it wouldn't last all day on a boat in the summer.
I have a like new Tacti Grip shuttle for my Garmin. Since ice conditions suck in Southern Iowa I have decided at my age my ice fishing days are over. Can’t believe I’m selling this after waiting 15 weeks to have it built. It’s blue and has all the bells and whistles. I’m asking $150 with no tax and free shipping. Email me (sundevil52531@gmail.com) for photos and question.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a like new Tacti Grip shuttle for my Garmin. Since ice conditions suck in Southern Iowa I have decided at my age my ice fishing days are over. Can’t believe I’m selling this after waiting 15 weeks to have it built. It’s blue and has all the bells and whistles. I’m asking $150 with no tax and free shipping. Email me (sundevil52531@gmail.com) for photos and question.
15 weeks is all? They told me 16 weeks and it showed up in 40 weeks. They wouldn't respond to any of my e-mails or phone calls asking them when it would be done but don't worry, they weren't afraid to change me immediately upon order while I waited MONTHS for their product.... then the MFer broke on assembly. Still NO RESPONSES until I left them a savage beatdown on a google review of their store.

They got me the replacement parts pretty quick after that but it only lasted another 3-4 fishing trips and broke again in SEVERAL places and I am NOT hard on my equipment. Not your fault @Sundevil and sorry if I ruin a sale for you, but I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy their POS product.

Been running a summit shuttle since and it's not even a close comparison.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot imaging fishing anymore without forward facing sonar. It is just too damn addicting. Next years boat will be set up for the best images I can get, better utilization of FFS in front the front and cockpit of the boat, and boat control. I have been running Garmin and Lowrance FFS for 2 or 3 seasons and next boat will be all Garmin for FFS.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am way to cheap to put this much $$ into a gadget, my vex seems to get me on fish, and the time I have on the water is what I am searching for, not the biggest fish, or mostest catch.

I fished with pros to learn all damn secrets and graph stuff is great never disappointed me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82