Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually a lot of meds have recently exceeded the 20 year patent protection and have generic counterparts so we aren't paying hardly anything out of pocket any more so that helps ease the pain even though the meds still aren't working . I was ready to blow a head gasket there for a while when we were being held hostage for close to a grand a month for insurance and meds when I should have been been able to them the middle finger and grow a free plant. Will have to see what the future holds,
I'd like to see somebody put some pressure on the state and try to straighten out the damn mess they created . Might have a chance now that Al carlson got his ass booted out the door.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey maybe you need to pay the boys on the hill a visit personally and tell them your story. If everybody puts pressure on their local reps maybe things will get changed.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of Measure 3, two things are blatantly obvious— a majority of North Dakotans are easily swayed by fear campaigns and some folks have no interest in personal freedom. It just boggles my mind how many people boiled their arguments down to the measure being “poorly written”. Seriously? This was especially troubling coming from limited government folks who call themselves conservatives. Yes, these same people who talk out of one side of their mouth about freedom and limited government played ventriloquist out of the other by saying there wasn’t enough regulations in the measure. Who cares about the fact that proponents of the measure repeatedly explained that this was intentional so that the State Legislature could do their job by writing in other provisions during the upcoming session. Included in these arguments, from the opposition, was the fact that there was no taxing mechanism beyond our existing state sales tax. Yep, apparently some “conservatives” like their taxes a bit more than they let on.
Furthermore, have any of these people ever observed floor debate during a State Legislative Session? If they think that initiated measures are the only pieces of proposed law that are “poorly written”, they’d be mistaken. It’s often admitted by legislators themselves — on the House and Senate floors — that certain bills are “poorly written”. And those bills come from Legislative Council! Yet, they are often either modified in committee or passed and modified later. Essentially the exact same thing could have been done with Measure 3— if it needed to be done at all. Which leads me to believe that some folks were either ignorant of the measure and/or process or just can’t help but impose their values upon others.
Then there’s the fact that the real losers here are those who have medical conditions that can benefit from the use of marijuana or its byproducts. They’re still waiting on medical marijuana to become a reality in the state— after it being passed two years ago. Oh, and never mind that they may have issues finding healthcare networks in the state that have doctors who will recommend the stuff. Not to mention the limited amount of dispensaries that will be available.
All that was accomplished by defeating Measure 3 was continuing an unnecessary War on Marijuana and delaying the inevitable. I guarantee you that in the years ahead we will see legalized recreational marijuana in North Dakota.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND voters also sipped the koolaid on measure one. Passing bill that was ridiculous. More out of state influences. More government. Described as a way of trying to get Republicans out of office.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of Measure 3, two things are blatantly obvious— a majority of North Dakotans are easily swayed by fear campaigns and some folks have no interest in personal freedom. It just boggles my mind how many people boiled their arguments down to the measure being “poorly written”. Seriously? This was especially troubling coming from limited government folks who call themselves conservatives. Yes, these same people who talk out of one side of their mouth about freedom and limited government played ventriloquist out of the other by saying there wasn’t enough regulations in the measure. Who cares about the fact that proponents of the measure repeatedly explained that this was intentional so that the State Legislature could do their job by writing in other provisions during the upcoming session. Included in these arguments, from the opposition, was the fact that there was no taxing mechanism beyond our existing state sales tax. Yep, apparently some “conservatives” like their taxes a bit more than they let on.
Furthermore, have any of these people ever observed floor debate during a State Legislative Session? If they think that initiated measures are the only pieces of proposed law that are “poorly written”, they’d be mistaken. It’s often admitted by legislators themselves — on the House and Senate floors — that certain bills are “poorly written”. And those bills come from Legislative Council! Yet, they are often either modified in committee or passed and modified later. Essentially the exact same thing could have been done with Measure 3— if it needed to be done at all. Which leads me to believe that some folks were either ignorant of the measure and/or process or just can’t help but impose their values upon others.
Then there’s the fact that the real losers here are those who have medical conditions that can benefit from the use of marijuana or its byproducts. They’re still waiting on medical marijuana to become a reality in the state— after it being passed two years ago. Oh, and never mind that they may have issues finding healthcare networks in the state that have doctors who will recommend the stuff. Not to mention the limited amount of dispensaries that will be available.
All that was accomplished by defeating Measure 3 was continuing an unnecessary War on Marijuana and delaying the inevitable. I guarantee you that in the years ahead we will see legalized recreational marijuana in North Dakota.
If the intent was for the legislators fix it why did it go into effect in 30
days? Maybe you were the one drinking the bath water of the proponents

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
I doubt it will pass next time as medical should be up and running by then. I had a friend actually move to CO because it was legal there and I saw him last year and he seemed to have lost some of his motivation when it came to work and overall productivity. Coincidence, I doubt it. Not sure ND is ready to become a little Jamaica.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What got me mad was when the Attorney General started to say vote no, to me he should be neutral

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88