metal detector help to find a lost knive

64Mustang

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a college kid helping me plant a bunch of trees this past weekend. He lost his nice Leatherman in about a 100 yard stretch. Grass is about 8-12 inches tall where we were working. I was wondering if anyone in Fargo/VC area would have a metal detector I could borrow for an evening to go look for that leatherman. Thanks for the consideration.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW , if you don't have any takers those cheap harbor freight one will work for something like that . I think they are like 40 bucks , They are handy to have around. I have one just for the grandkids to play with, I bury coins in the sand box and turn them loose and they have a lot of fun.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
fwiw, depending on the metal detector, they aren't always as easy to use as one might think.

64Mustang

Founding Member
Founding Member
CatDaddy loaned me one to look. I spent a little over an hour looking for it covering every piece of ground where he was sure he had lost it. CatDaddy is allowing me to keep the metal detector for a little while longer so next time I get down there, I can check one additional place that it might have been lost in. I did find about 6 old metal posts and various other metal objects so I know the detector was working.

Great guys on this place!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76