March Blizzards

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lots to good moisture in this batch sure can use it.All the low spots in the yard were covered in water before the snow covered it up

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forecast was a BIG disappointment in the SW part of the state. We got maybe 2-3" max. Was a little depressing. Everyone was anticipating some nice heavy moisture for their bare pastures and almost non-existent stock dams. We are in the dire need of some runoff. I know I might catch hell for this, but I hope we get another one in the near future.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well db-2, there wasn't much very memorable about this storm. Lots of schools cancelled school because of the weather. That may or may not have been necessary as I'm not sure the visibility ever was less than 1/4 mile in this area. It might be for the best to not encourage travel on some of these days but those of us a little on the older side would have never expected school to be canceled with similar conditions while we were students. On the side of safety, it might not have been wise when we were younger to send us out in some of the weather we traveled in. But the youngsters of today, won't have the stories we have.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My blower wouldn't handle the snow today (too wet). So I ran to Acme and rented a Toro Dingo (walk behind skid-steer). That thing moves snow! Problem is a track busted and now they want me to pay for it.

dsharp83

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was not alive in 66 but I remember my father telling me that snow was so high on the one side of their two story house that they could walk out the attic window

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My blower wouldn't handle the snow today (too wet). So I ran to Acme and rented a Toro Dingo (walk behind skid-steer). That thing moves snow! Problem is a track busted and now they want me to pay for it.

that blows

get it?

but seriously - that sucks - do you plan to do so?

is that a policy whenever somebody rents equipment like that?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They can't expect a person to pay for the wear and tear that the last 200 people put on the tracks. It's simply part of that kind of business. Years ago I rented a power trowel and it run for two minutes and stopped. I had to wait for the concrete to be hard enough to use the power trowel and that was 10:00pm. I brought it back and told the store I was not happy with 1/4 of my driveway smooth and 3/4 broomed. He started writing the bill and I told him I would pay it if he paid for a new driveway. He laughed and I said we could see if a judge thought it was funny. When we inspected the power trowel it had been so long since any maintenance that part of the spark plug fell into the cylinder. I didn't pay that bill. Tell them to stuff it. It's not up to you to maintain their equipment.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally done snowing and where there is bare concrete it is melting.
Our driveway is 3' deep. Waiting for our guy to get here to clean it off.
My bride measured 11'' on our front porch that was out of the wind.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
i unloaded the machine and drove away. I paid cash. They have my cell and know where I live, but no credit card. They may never rent tome again, but I don't care.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't rent anything, that's when it breaks, hire it done or buy it

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
The price of rental usually includes insurance for shit like that, thats why rental prices are high for some machines. Brother rented a mini excavator from bobcat, the windshield retracts out of way over your head, well, he was trying to get it to retract, got above his head, it scattered! We find out, that was like the second time that machine has done that, he paid nothing.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If his cattle say one word - English, Mexican, or otherwise, I bet he craps his pants.

Dick, you're lucky I had just set my M. Dew down before I read that!

Too funny...

- - - Updated - - -

Forecast was a BIG disappointment in the SW part of the state. We got maybe 2-3" max. Was a little depressing. Everyone was anticipating some nice heavy moisture for their bare pastures and almost non-existent stock dams. We are in the dire need of some runoff. I know I might catch hell for this, but I hope we get another one in the near future.

Don't look now, but late next week is a similar setup to what just happened. It's really only in the GFS, but the pattern is there and it brings the moisture across SD. Given how far in the future that is, I would expect the location to change by up to a couple hundred miles in either direction. Guess what I'm saying is that there's hope out there.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out and sprayed part of the driveway with the orange citrus liquid to try and melt some of the ice from the rain. The sun has some power now so hopefully it will melt off fast!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
814temp.new.gif

arm pit area in blue!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This cold weather will not end --- Slow melt mode

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well according to the latest models I'm going to go out on a limb and say this thing is prejudiced against North Dakota for some reason! that is one crazy ass straight line!

Screenshot_20180311-114011.jpg

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kfyr is already forecasting crappy weather for next Friday. It needs to warm up!

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Along that line it goes from 2 inches to over a ft in a distance of less than half mile,. Pretty much says they don't know shit again

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88