They are. But the cost is insane.if i could buy shingles from the 70s id consider shingles, the new ones seem like junk, everybody with metal roofs will be replacing screws eventually as the rubber washers rot unless you get the tin you cant see the screws. i see in canada they are using a metal roofs that look like tile, they come in 4x4 pieces. look really nice.
Moving the good side?i have been looking at houses for sale in sd, one of them had shingles made from used tires, looked like shingles but thicker.
Yes they look a lot like asphalt shingles just thicker. But very speedyI don’t know how new they are. But I just recently heard of metal shingles. Apparently they hold up like a metal roof, obviously look like shingles, and apparently don’t need to be replaced? Someone enlighten me who knows what these are
I had "EDCO" steel shingles put on 12 years ago we had one hail storm where hail was larger than golf balls minor dents but because of design in shingles you cant tell unless your up on roof looking. The snow sliding off all the time sucks. the installers used 3 1/2 inch screws so they frost over in attic when really cold. Don't have to worry about wind though. We have not had any wi-fi issues. If I fix the snowslide issues they are great warranty was 50 years and I have no doubt they will make thatI don’t know how new they are. But I just recently heard of metal shingles. Apparently they hold up like a metal roof, obviously look like shingles, and apparently don’t need to be replaced? Someone enlighten me who knows what these are