Mice in the boat GRRRR

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have any tips on cleaning the carpets and storage compartments? So far I am thinking napalm may be the best option.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have any tips on cleaning the carpets and storage compartments? So far I am thinking napalm may be the best option.

I used this on my dog last year after he was sprayed by a skunk and it was awesome. I would think it is worth a try and would work better than regular carpet cleaning stuff.

Mix the following:

• 1 quart 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.
  • 1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
  • 1 teaspoon liquid soap or dish detergent.
  • Mix these together and bathe ("shampoo" in or rub down) thoroughly.
  • Be sure to use this mixture immediately after it is created, as it is unstable.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A buddy took his boat to one of those car wash places, doused his whole boat with hot, soapy water and scrubbed it down with a shop broom. It took like 15 gallons of hot water and Dawn dish soap, but he got the job done. Gave it a good rinse down, then added plenty of fresh air and sunshine.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am thinking I will vacuum it first. Then pressure wash at the car wash followed up by shampooing...

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe you already know this but putting a whole pack of dryer sheets placed all over the boat when in storage really helps with the mice not chewing wires, living in the boat for the winter, etc. The sheets kill the mice.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used this on my dog last year after he was sprayed by a skunk and it was awesome. I would think it is worth a try and would work better than regular carpet cleaning stuff.

Mix the following:

• 1 quart 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.
  • 1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
  • 1 teaspoon liquid soap or dish detergent.
  • Mix these together and bathe ("shampoo" in or rub down) thoroughly.
  • Be sure to use this mixture immediately after it is created, as it is unstable.

This I have used it on 3 different occaions for skunked dogs and once on my self worked good.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder where they would get in , I was looking things over last fall when I put mine in the shed and couldn't see anywhere that a mouse could climb in without climbing shimmying straight up the hull

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46