Mid winter blues...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can I ask what kind of stone did you use or is flint stone what you used. When I was 6 or 7 one summer we lived south of 94 or north of Hebron about 15 miles. Me and the neighbor kids would head out to their pasture and search for hours looking for old arrow heads. There was a bison death cliff that was pretty good spot to check but it was pretty much picked through. After the old power line glass insulators where discontinued for the ceramic one, we would sit out in the pasture and shoot up those glass insulators. Some of those piles had thousands and there were probably hundreds of piles dumped out in those pastures.
Hebron itself is north of 94, and just one summer you lived there? To bad, its a pretty nice place.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes family ended up moving back to walhalla which isn’t a bad place to live if you are a kid who likes to kill shit.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As a rock hound in my younger years an occasional arrow head=big time bonus,we hiked new road construction sites near mille lacs rez after a soaking rain,agates and a couple arrowheads ...

Last hunting trip to Saskatchewan we hiked the bluffs over looking lac diefenbaker,locals from luck lake told us about a bigtime war in a certain area,found arrow,spear carvings, quite the collection.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
best time of the year to go to the gym and binge streaming shows.

Been watching Vikings the last few weeks, started out good but now they have introduced a bunch of liberal bullshit. I liked it when it was realistic, without women tribe leaders who are lesbians, and viking leaders who talk bout their emotions and shit like that. Of course they even had to throw in a 2 guys in bed gay scene, but at least it was the french guys doing it, still kinda nauseating. I had high hopes but im close to quitting it now because of the shit they try to inject into it.
Glad ya posted this was gonna download that on Kindle and watch out fishing. Probably not now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad ya posted this was gonna download that on Kindle and watch out fishing. Probably not now.
Ya it’s a good show. Lots of killings and violence to offset the liberal stuff so you don’t turn into a snow flake

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With no snow we have been running alot of drills. wagon wheel, casting drills and working on push pull in the garage if its to cold out. real nice days we have set of krd marking drill and also ran a abc drills. I am hoping for some late snow with fast melt or a really wet spring so we have water to work with as that is the biggest weakness in out game
Hey kurt,you get a new pup? Or just keeping selective memory in. Check and streamlining what you have? How old is you boi? Looking at his pick he's in great shape looks 3yrs? Curious

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey kurt,you get a new pup? Or just keeping selective memory in. Check and streamlining what you have? How old is you boi? Looking at his pick he's in great shape looks 3yrs? Curious
He just turned 4 on Wednesday. Just hitting his prime and we will be finishing his master title this year maybe run a field trial and hope to run the grand down in St. Louis in October. More or less trying to stay sharp till we can get in the meat of training this spring

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trying my hand at flintknapping/arrow making
24242.jpeg
24239.jpeg
How many cuts have you sustained while doing this? I've heard obsidian can be sharper than a scalpel. Those are beautiful!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya it’s a good show. Lots of killings and violence to offset the liberal stuff so you don’t turn into a snow flake
Masters of the air is really good show about ww2 bomber pilots, they were really the greatest generation ever. Unfortunately the many people, including those we interact with on this site are probably going to be the last of the great non woke generation of the armed forces. I'm not going to elaborate any further. I am only trying to make a point that you are appreciated and this series solidified for me the sacrifices many like you and the real life heros of the b17 flying fortress, who have put on that uniform.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Masters of the air is really good show about ww2 bomber pilots, they were really the greatest generation ever. Unfortunately the many people, including those we interact with on this site are probably going to be the last of the great non woke generation of the armed forces. I'm not going to elaborate any further. I am only trying to make a point that you are appreciated and this series solidified for me the sacrifices many like you and the real life heros of the b17 flying fortress, who have put on that uniform.

I am not near old enough by a couple generations but my wife’s grandpa was a gunner.
IMG_3393.jpeg

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He just turned 4 on Wednesday. Just hitting his prime and we will be finishing his master title this year maybe run a field trial and hope to run the grand down in St. Louis in October. More or less trying to stay sharp till we can get in the meat of training this spring
Nice,you come to Minnesota for events?we have trials all summer....my breeder for goldens is trial judge,watching these trials and talking to handlers is quite the learning experience, interesting as well.

I would like to watch your boy run iffin you come within 100 miles of the metro area let me know.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice,you come to Minnesota for events?we have trials all summer....my breeder for goldens is trial judge,watching these trials and talking to handlers is quite the learning experience, interesting as well.

I would like to watch your boy run iffin you come within 100 miles of the metro area let me know.
We haven’t but I might this summer they should start coming out with event dates. It will kind of depend on how the first couple tests go if I have to go that far. You are in the meca of field trials and trainers mn has a lot of the best in the country summer there. Wish I was closer lots of good seminars there to

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed Kurt,down the road from my place i have one of if not the best metro gun clubs ( wild wings) several trials summer,then we travel to prior lake,might be the best gun club in the upper midwest. ( horse n gun club) 4 full walk thru sporting clays (national shoots held here) outdoor long range rifle.

So,keep ole dnow in the loop iffin heading east.

Tinesdown

As a rock hound in my younger years an occasional arrow head=big time bonus,we hiked new road construction sites near mille lacs rez after a soaking rain,agates and a couple arrowheads ...

Last hunting trip to Saskatchewan we hiked the bluffs over looking lac diefenbaker,locals from luck lake told us about a bigtime war in a certain area,found arrow,spear carvings, quite the collection.
Not sure what u are about but did well on points (arow points)

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
First 3 seasons or so are pretty good, I think 3rd season is when I really started to pick up on the BS and it just gets worse from there. Its not bad but after the first 2 seasons I was pretty excited that the whole series might have escaped from the lefty BS, alas it didnt

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like the series vikings you will also like this series also called Vikings:Valhalla I canf remember but I pretty sure there isn't much wokeness in this one

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88