Moles

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
sorry guys I didn't respond back to this sooner. I tried setting up mole trap and I haven't gotten anything.I think you are right.. I have dirt mounds like the photo attached.your also right, im shooting the striped ones. haven't seen any now for a few days, they might be catching on or im doing some damage. lolwhat do you suggest to try and get these pocket gopher? the only plus side I see so far, is I haven't gotten anymore new mounds in the past few days. and the ones I uncovered trying to find the tunnels haven't remounded up again.all I know is I don't want them to get carried away like my neighbors place. his hard is like one big mound after another. makes for some rough mowing for him
Ktm, what you are calling a mole is actually a pocket gopher. The ones you are shooting are either striped gophers or richardsons ground squirrels. Pocket gophers are the ones that leave the big dirt mounds and are rarely seen above ground. They are easy to trap.

- - - Updated - - -

Pocket gophers are way worse. Took me a couple years to get rid of them. Thought it was moles but that didn’t work but once I got the right bait they started dying off. Last one I flooded the tunnel and shot when he popped his head out. Probably one moving in now since I mentioned it.
what kind of bait u using? do I need to worry about the dogs?

Attachments

IMG_20190604_151225.jpg

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll try and find a pic of the bait, I had 3 kinds that said pocket gopher on the package. Dogs should be ok unless they dig it out. Anyway a spoon works to dig the plug out of the hole and throw some down in there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84