Mosquito control

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Cutter brand Backyard doesn't do too bad of a job for a couple months during the summer. Hook it up to your garden hose and spray around the firepit/patio. Had a family reunion over the July 4th holiday a couple years ago and not one person ended up with the skeeter torment.

I just bought another larger bottle and it says it lasts 'up to' 12wks. Hell, I'd be happy if it could do it for just another ten weeks!! lol

Co-worker did this last week and said basically the same thing; so far so good he says. I'll probably give this a try real soon!

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude... I do spray down with OFF and other kinds of bug spray. Problem is it only works so long before you need to spray down again, and those sonsabitches will find the one square inch you didn't have hosed down to a greasy-shine.

Haha. Isn't that the truth. I hate that greasy feeling too. I've damn near used a can of the crap this week doing yard work.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just talked to my buddy from Rapid City. They've been getting a lot of rain down there, and he said all the stores are out of bug spray.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to the Medora Musical last evening, it was a terrific show.

They are celebrating the 50th anniversary of this spectical. I recommend taking it in, if you are out this way.

The evening was cool, with a slight breeze out of the east(10-15mph). Early on some cloud cover with light showers earlier in the day.
Pretty good sized crowd for a Wednesday evening, I would say a good 50% full.

We sat 7 rows up from the stage, closer than I have ever been in the 20 times or so I have gone over the years. The best part of this evening was the not having to wear bug spray, or really have any biting insects around at all, the moth's of course came in towards dark, attracted to the nice stage lights, but no bugs.

Not sure if they spray or not, but I remember going to the troll wood performing arts up on the north side of Fargo, it was horrific with bugs, and they even sprayed the entire grounds just before the show. I will never forget the great scent of the spray in the humid air...;:;barf

- - - Updated - - -

20150610_214222.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20150610_185624.jpg20150610_185624.jpg

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd start by moving out of Fargo. Then I'd look into killing the mosquitos as they suck everywhere this year. I think JuanR has the most appealing answer: increase the alcohol content of the blood; seems legit.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered this today20150704_135559.jpg
Report back once I see how it works

I'm on my third one. They last a couple years. Make sure you do it well beforehand. I fog the bushes and tall grass. They're effective for 3-4 hours. More on calm days when the bugs don't get blown in. My first one turned into a flame thrower, second one wouldn't pump anymore and have yet to use my third one this summer.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW back in the olden days they put a drip line on a lawn mower exhaust and you filled a small container and the exhaust from the mower made fog and blew it quite a ways. They worked very good. I know if I had a skeeter problem that's what I would do. Not so sure I would run it in the garage though. lol. In the second video the guy used a small pump up sprayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4YmSVPBXOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=015RXnNbrJg

Last edited:

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW back in the olden days they put a drip line on a lawn mower exhaust and you filled a small container and the exhaust from the mower made fog and blew it quite a ways. They worked very good. I know if I had a skeeter problem that's what I would do. Not so sure I would run it in the garage though. lol. In the second video the guy used a small pump up sprayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4YmSVPBXOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=015RXnNbrJg

Saw a "B" IH once with a Woods belly mower that had the exhaust piped down through the deck and bug juice dripper.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just picked up a bottle of cutter that hooks up to the hose. Fingers crossed it will kill the bastards

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Co-worker did this last week and said basically the same thing; so far so good he says. I'll probably give this a try real soon!

Was in Menards in Grand Forks this morning. They have it for $9 with a free aerosol can with it as well. Picked a couple up to try out.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best thing I have used is that spectracide (black bottle) bug killer you screw onto the end of your garden hose. spray in the afternoon before the skeeters leave the grass. make sure you spray it up into your trees, bushes, and over the fence into the neighbors yard. this stuff seems to noticeably last 1 to 2 months depending on rain.

I have used a few other brands of the garden hose style application bug killers and most have similar results, except for the Bayer brand in the blue bottle, that didn't seem to do anything.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see what next week brings but they are very few and far between up here. Knock on wood

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bug sprays and FR clothing do not mix well. Pretty much make you a walking fire bomb according to the videos the safety guy showed us at Halliburton

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes fire retardant clothing. I just got back from Canada bear hunting the mosquitos up there bath in deet. But we used Thermacells and they work great a pad lasts about 2.5 hours a bottle of butane last about 10 hours

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I received a negative comment from someone in my notifications concerning this thread. I was told to grow up haha.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on that bird and I never saw you wave ONCE! I think I'm going to take my plane and go home. :(

What will it take to get a fly over or 2? Case of Busch Light?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33