Mosquito control

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tempo is awesome stuff and generally really safe, but remember it is super toxic to fish, so take care when using around water.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a slough next to my house and it gets bad here and i just use a pull behind the 4 wheeler sprayer with tempo

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use mosquito dunks in the ponds around my yard. For big occasions, I spray malithion with the four wheeler, black flag yard fogger into the trees and bushes around the cooking/fire pit area and half a dozen tiki torches with citronella fuel.

9k=

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Off- deep woods, spray it on and forget about it.

I was a nancy from the east once too.

Is there a reason you don't just spray yourself with bug spray?
bunch of sally's on here today. We fight rattlers, buffalo, and scary spiders over here. wussies

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
it would appear murdock hacked johnr's account

flaaaaaag!

- - - Updated - - -

Also - our ravenous eastern mosquitos consider DWO to be nothing but a delicious dipping sauce

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member

bunch of sally's on here today. We fight rattlers, buffalo, and scary spiders over here. wussies

Dude... I do spray down with OFF and other kinds of bug spray. Problem is it only works so long before you need to spray down again, and those sonsabitches will find the one square inch you didn't have hosed down to a greasy-shine.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you use bug spray, make sure you get one that has a high content of Deet in it. Make sure to take off your sunglasses, or Mr. T starter kit for those who wear jewelry before spraying down as Deet does not bode well with that stuff.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

And catch tons of dinks with lindy rigs...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
And catch tons of dinks with lindy rigs...

So you have fished next to me, it would appear.

I have found that when I am intoxicated neither tics or mosquitoes will mess with me, they don't like that tainted blood.

Maybe you girls just need to drink more, and whine less... Take that Murdock, I think I have him beat. maybe I need to misspell and have more typos to actually win that coveted title.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone looked into dragonflies. I have heard that if you have a pond/slough or other still water, you can start a dragonfly hatch of your own. The theory is that either mosquitoes or dragonflies will dominate the water source. If you can get the dragonflies established, they will help control the hatching of mosquitoes in the water and also eat them in the air. Anyone heard of this?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you use bug spray, make sure you get one that has a high content of Deet in it. Make sure to take off your sunglasses, or Mr. T starter kit for those who wear jewelry before spraying down as Deet does not bode well with that stuff.

Anything more than 30% DEET is a waste as far as increasing the repellency properties of a product. There have been several scientific studies about this. 100% DEET and 30% DEET repel the same percentage of mosquitoes. Keep in mind that any repellent, including DEET, will only work on 90% of the population of mosquitoes. That means that if you have 1000 mosquitoes trying to bite you and you are wearing DEET, 100 mosquitoes will ignore the DEET and bite you anyway. Feel free to buy 100% DEET if you like, but you will only be purchasing a greater chance of having a skin reaction to DEET and not an increase in repellency. Carry On!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM, I think you missed spraying my yard up on north hill in Minot, as the mosquitos are terrible up here now. :( Every time the dog goes out to the back yard he comes in with a butt load of skeeter bites. I use Talstar One, its the same as Tempo but comes in a quart bottle for the same price. Sprayed Friday before the rain so I probably should spray again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 189
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84