Mosquito control

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fargo (and surrounding communities) hasn't requested our services as of yet. As with anything on the GOVT side, there is a fair number of requirements and amount of paperwork that need to be accomplished prior to our arrival on site ready to do battle with the bugs.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
NEWS RELEASE... FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
West Fargo, North Dakota – Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Cass County Vector Control has scheduled truck mounted adult mosquito spraying for the following communities on the day(s) listed, weather permitting:
Wednesday, June 17th 2015 8 PM
Truck ULV: Grandin, Gardner, Argusville, Harwood, Prosper, Reiles Acres, Mapleton, Davenport, Oxbow, Kindred, Leonard, Amenia, Arthur, Hunter, Alice, Buffalo, Tower City, Page, Erie, Wheatland, Chaffee, Hickson, Lynchburg, Absaraka, Select areas of Reed & Stanley Twps
Aerial spraying:
Included cities: Fargo, West Fargo, Moorhead, North River, Oakport, Frontier, Prairie Rose Briarwood, Select areas of Reed and Stanley Townships

The active ingredient in the ULV (Ultra Low Volume) spray is permethrin. These insecticides have been labeled for use in residential areas and are found to be non-toxic to humans and pets.
More information on these products is available at: http://www.casscountynd.gov/…/Pag…/AdultControlProducts.aspx
To view other scheduled adult mosquito control applications please visit:
http://www.casscountynd.gov/…/ScheduledAdultApplications.as…
Cass County Vector Control
www.casscountynd.gov
\\c9svr15\hwy1$\Vector\Press releases\2010\rural with letterhead.docx

- - - Updated - - -

I have 2 gallons of Malathion (aka napalm) --- I am going to mix that stuff with as little water as possible and bomb em tonite as soon as the rain stops.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought just crossed my mind. What would these insecticides do to bees? I have a couple apple trees and other flowers around. would like to make sure I'm not killing the good guys.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought just crossed my mind. What would these insecticides do to bees? I have a couple apple trees and other flowers around. would like to make sure I'm not killing the good guys.

Be careful with such thoughts , Next thing you know you will be accused of wearing a tin hat or that you should go live on hippie island.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

FWIW I don't know much about insecticides and how much harm they do to pollinators but If you spray just before dark when your bees are home after work they should be safe.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another .80" yesterday. I'll be spraying the Cutter Backyard bottle by Sunday evening so it can hopefully last through the Labor Day weekend.

If y'all don't see another post from me by Monday, just assume the cloud of mosquitoes carried me away!:;:help

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the mosquitoes identify themselves as bee's. They have that right you know.
Poor little fellers spent their bee life trapped in a mosquitoes body.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another .80" yesterday. I'll be spraying the Cutter Backyard bottle by Sunday evening so it can hopefully last through the Labor Day weekend.

If y'all don't see another post from me by Monday, just assume the cloud of mosquitoes carried me away!:;:help

Mosquito-bite.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84