Nanoplastics in water bottles

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
20 years ago, I would have bet no one ever would spend upwards of $4.00 for a bottle for water.
and here we are.
I use the shit out of the cheap cases of water in the summer at the camp ground, probably go through a case a weekend.

Guessing that plastic just pisses, or shits right out, just like corn on the cob...haha
I agree, I drink probably 5 or 6 bottles of water a day when I'm the road. Someone from work read that desani water isn't very healthy for you and now I drink water from Aquafina. The bottles from Aquafina don't look like the water had been injected like the cheaper bottles one can buy. Anyone who is of Gen x have drink out of the water hose, but as Allen has said flushing out the line seems to make the water better since it's not been sitting in the sun getting hot and tasting like shit. I'm hoping Juanr is right that we shit that nanoplastic out like corn on the cob.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the record, the reason I'm sharing information like this is because of what I have learned from the coof debacle. Knowledge is fundamentally our most important reason for being self conscious about our relationship with life. Being able to have the information to make a calculated decisions that could be beneficial to our livelihood is something that I care very much for. I've made some bad decisions in my youth because for whatever reason wasn't offered as proof that exposure to dust is harmful to ones chances of living a life with less ailments than one should have to have. Running a gas powered chop saw with a masonry blade cutting into brick and concrete with a full face canister respirator should have been enforced had one known about those side effects of silica dust has on our lungs, instead i wore safety glasses and smoked those nasty death sticks.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lunk,

The big difference between plastic water bottles and plastic water pipes is that after the initial flush, a plastic pipe would be expected to not continue to generate micro/nano plastic particles in the water. The water bottles though are a one-time use and they aren't rinsed before being filled for sale, so the plastic is residue/dust created by the manufacturing process of the bottle.

That being said, I don't tend to keep bottled water very long. I can increasingly taste the plastic in older bottles of water. Maybe it's in my head though.
Definitely not in your head. Water takes on plastic taste with age, especially if stored in warm temps. Had bottles stored too long in the boat take on a taste of gasoline too.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the record, the reason I'm sharing information like this is because of what I have learned from the coof debacle. Knowledge is fundamentally our most important reason for being self conscious about our relationship with life. Being able to have the information to make a calculated decisions that could be beneficial to our livelihood is something that I care very much for. I've made some bad decisions in my youth because for whatever reason wasn't offered as proof that exposure to dust is harmful to ones chances of living a life with less ailments than one should have to have. Running a gas powered chop saw with a masonry blade cutting into brick and concrete with a full face canister respirator should have been enforced had one known about those side effects of silica dust has on our lungs, instead i wore safety glasses and smoked those nasty death sticks.
No this was a worthy topic. We should be aware what we are ingesting whether it is PFAs from tap water, nanoplastics, or pesticides on our fruits and veggies. I personally am not going to worry about plastics as the other stuff sounds much more dangerous and they still allow it today…

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agriculture is a business like any other business and they have lobbyists and a lot of influence in Washinton. We are told how safe everything is, but high fructose corn syrup is banned in most of the world. It would appear even Russia is more concerned about their people than we are. GMO foods are banned in most of the world. Sugar feeds not only obesity, but inflamation yet it was proposed adding sugar ( high fructose corn syrup) to milk so children would drink more. It was for the children. Really? Maybe it was for profit at the expense of child health. Just how much money do these lobbyists spread around Washington? We eat poison every day from pharmaceuticals they tell us will improve our health to the food we put on our table.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agriculture is a business like any other business and they have lobbyists and a lot of influence in Washinton. We are told how safe everything is, but high fructose corn syrup is banned in most of the world. It would appear even Russia is more concerned about their people than we are. GMO foods are banned in most of the world. Sugar feeds not only obesity, but inflamation yet it was proposed adding sugar ( high fructose corn syrup) to milk so children would drink more. It was for the children. Really? Maybe it was for profit at the expense of child health. Just how much money do these lobbyists spread around Washington? We eat poison every day from pharmaceuticals they tell us will improve our health to the food we put on our table.
Lobbying should be banned/illegal.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree Fester. Lobbyists are simply a legal pipeline from special interest pockets to politicians pockets. The line may not be direct, but it gets there.
Nancy Pelosi, on a $174,000 annual salary her entire working life is worth $200,000,000. How does this happen you ask?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nancy Pelosi, on a $174,000 annual salary her entire working life is worth $200,000,000. How does this happen you ask?
She isn't the only one..even our guys some how manage an elevated lifestyle..Hoeven I understand...but the other 2?? I would say most if not all are corrupt not just crazy Nancy

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
She isn't the only one..even our guys some how manage an elevated lifestyle..Hoeven I understand...but the other 2?? I would say most if not all are corrupt not just crazy Nancy
Kelly comes from a huge oil field family, he was loaded prior to his tour.
Even at a local level they are sleezy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93