Nanoplastics in water bottles

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is the irony etc talking about drinking water? I don't recall anybody saying they wouldn't drink from a garden hose or well...was a conversation on processed water which a guy could argue may be more unhealthy then hose/well. I would say he was triggered..
Freedom is also one of those lurkers in the corner along with camper that can't help themselves to flatter ole lunk with their great incite into the workings of the mind of the mental left. It's really does take someone special enough to get all this anger that they feel they got to stick it to me, in all actuality it's an example of the lefts Mental illness in real time. Our very own 3 stooges

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Freedom is also one of those lurkers in the corner along with camper that can't help themselves to flatter ole lunk with their great incite into the workings of the mind of the mental left. It's really does take someone special enough to get all this anger that they feel they got to stick it to me, in all actuality it's an example of the lefts Mental illness in real time. Our very own 3 stooges
I frequent a few other outdoor sites and there's always 1 or 3 individuals that show up to put their mental illness on full display..
I typically avoid engaging with these individuals, as I've stated before.. I don't suffer fools.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
It's very easy to dismiss things as "Left" or "mental illness" instead of admitting you've been a bit hypocritical. Also I'm not a lefty I'm just not into the politician worship

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were plenty of signs prior to this... haha

just having fun Lunk..
Nope posting in a 3rd person is a form of writing called illeism, and watson has used that same "gotcha this time remark" before. Again I know better then watson does because lunk is intellectually above watson in every way possible. I trigger without being triggered. It's all good johnr wasn't offended

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nearly February, here we are arguing about water bottles. Spring coming soon.
Just trying to have meaningful conversation about daily life 701, you know it wouldn't be a discussion without the peanut gallery patrons getting involved, they don't contribute intellectually to any topics especially the ones that I post about 😉

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Just trying to have meaningful conversation about daily life 701, you know it wouldn't be a discussion without the peanut gallery patrons getting involved, they don't contribute intellectually to any topics especially the ones that I post about 😉
You and others couldn't take some grief because you politically disagree with someone. Watson could have went about it much better but if you can't find any truths in his post you're blind.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope posting in a 3rd person is a form of writing called illeism, and watson has used that same "gotcha this time remark" before. Again I know better then watson does because lunk is intellectually above watson in every way possible. I trigger without being triggered. It's all good johnr wasn't offended
“I wanted to do what was best for LeBron James, and what LeBron James was going to do to make him happy,” said LeBron James

I guess you and him are one and the same.... and sorry to tell oh flunker, it is considered a mental disorder in many cases

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I frequent a few other outdoor sites and there's always 1 or 3 individuals that show up to put their mental illness on full display..
I typically avoid engaging with these individuals, as I've stated before.. I don't suffer fools.
That makes 2 of us.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If one was going to argue about drinking out of a garden hose analogy which is a terrible comparison to water bottles, perhaps someone with the capacity of abstract thought would have used plastic pipe as a better comparison. One definitely could have made a much better argument of "why are you bitching about water bottles" when some are drinking from water pipes made of plastic. See then we could have all gotten into the science and theories as to why or why not that could be considered. Nope never going to happen with the 3 stooges though

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My skin as well as all the other troopers who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan should be about the consistency of pvc by now with the amount of bottled water we drank if it was retained in the body. Is having nanoplastics in the drinking water good for you.....sounds scary, but idk. Does it stay in the body forever and cause problems.....idk for sure, but if it did I would think the military/VA would have seen something by now and it would be on their radar. To date I haven't heard of, or experienced anything negative regarding nanoplastics. Oh and for the record. I drank out of the hose as a kid and still do to this day. Well water is the BEST imo. Carry on.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunk,

The big difference between plastic water bottles and plastic water pipes is that after the initial flush, a plastic pipe would be expected to not continue to generate micro/nano plastic particles in the water. The water bottles though are a one-time use and they aren't rinsed before being filled for sale, so the plastic is residue/dust created by the manufacturing process of the bottle.

That being said, I don't tend to keep bottled water very long. I can increasingly taste the plastic in older bottles of water. Maybe it's in my head though.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
20 years ago, I would have bet no one ever would spend upwards of $4.00 for a bottle for water.
and here we are.
I use the shit out of the cheap cases of water in the summer at the camp ground, probably go through a case a weekend.

Guessing that plastic just pisses, or shits right out, just like corn on the cob...haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88