Nanoplastics in water bottles

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
So are they also saying home RO systems have the same possibility of introducing nanoplastics? The systems the major companies use is RO…..interesting.
RO being a potential problem is more surprising than the headline. Be interesting to watch research on this develop

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
RO being a potential problem is more surprising than the headline. Be interesting to watch research on this develop
Yeah I thought so as well. Lots of people have RO systems installed..then the question is do the nanoplastics hurt you worse then the chloramines in city water…..

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
RO water is super aggressive, when you strip all the metals and minerals out of water it does nothing but look to replace those metals and minerals. I've seen RO water eat copper, brass and PVC.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Chloramines, fluoride, PFAs, PFOs, microplastics and many more. Hard to decide which shit you'd rather risk drinking

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I hear ya, I use a countertop water filter (Alexapure) for drinking and cooking. It's bad enough I have to shower in that crap..

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I will also say that most water filters do not remove Fluoride, the Alexapure does.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Alexa pure is a GAc filter only…No?
Yep.
Alexapure.png

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't believe Brita removes Fluoride.

A single Alexapure filters good for 5000 gallons.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was one tidbit I read a long time ago.and that is what happens to the plastic bottle is filled with water at high pressure. The bottle is filled so fast that it changes the chemical make up of the bottle leaching chemicals from the plastic and i beleive that's the reason why bottled water has an expiration date. There was a youtube short, the video was on a military can of water during ww2 that was still drinkable and they used a pH test to check for leached metals from the steel can but there was none. Also did you know that there is a plastic liner in aluminum pop cans? Now you know

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What really is alarming about the article is that, the ones who've done the testing are not willing to name those brands they tested. Which I understand completely why, and one only needs to do a litte more research to find out which one it could pos be or one could discontinue consuming all bottled water.
Fun fact did you know that other countries ex. England and Canada have outlawed certain preservatives and food colorings because they are harmful when consumed.
Fun fact#2 Russia is the most recent country to outright ban gmo grains and anyone caught is considered a terrorist of the country. I seriously wonder what the government knows, that we don't know with certainty as to why such an extreme enforcement of banning grains is allowed, when we are willing to grow them in the USA?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What really is alarming about the article is that, the ones who've done the testing are not willing to name those brands they tested. Which I understand completely why, and one only needs to do a litte more research to find out which one it could pos be or one could discontinue consuming all bottled water.
Fun fact did you know that other countries ex. England and Canada have outlawed certain preservatives and food colorings because they are harmful when consumed.
Fun fact#2 Russia is the most recent country to outright ban gmo grains and anyone caught is considered a terrorist of the country. I seriously wonder what the government knows, that we don't know with certainty as to why such an extreme enforcement of banning grains is allowed, when we are willing to grow them in the USA?
I believe mexico has some laws regulating preservatives as well.
As for Russia who knows with them..could be to protect a buddies agriculture business with them.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I lived in Grand Forks, I had an under the counter water filter to remove the eye-stinging level of chlorine they use over there to treat their water. It worked too well, within a few months the line going to the sink with the chlorine removed was covered on the inside with a nice pink slime.

There are lots of things a person can do to water in trying to change the taste or its characteristics. Filtration, distillation, reverse osmosis, cation exchange (softeners) and deionization. All have their place in the world as well as things they should not be used for. For example, a person really shouldn't drink distilled or deionized water as it can mess with your electrolytes.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88