National Grasslands

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Habitat fragmentation, whether by agriculture or the perpetual growth of the human population are directly related. More people=more farm land. More demand for food, more chemicals used to produce a higher yield. Other species are hardly considered until the first equation comes out equal. Wildlife conservation is a relatively new concept that is still struggling to gain traction in much of the world. The coffee and fruit in the winter that we all need kills many animals in south and central America.

So, the further you get in to the argument of conservationist vs agriculture, the more convoluted it becomes. We all need food to eat, whether it's organic or not, it still takes land. Would I like to see less pesticides and herbicides used (thinking of run off here), absolutely. I just don't think it will happen with an ever expanding world population and waist size.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
http://e360.yale.edu/digest/most-productive-us-farmland-disappearing-at-fastest-rate-report-says

Most Productive U.S. Farmland Disappearing at Fastest Rate, Report Says

Click to enlarge
Fruit_Vegetables_th.jpg

USDA
Food grown on the “urban fringe”

More than an acre of farmland is lost per minute in the United States, with about 1 million acres being developed annually, according to a new federal report. From 1982 to 2007, more than 23 million acres of agricultural land were converted to developed land, with each state losing significant areas of farmland, according to the survey by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. States losing the most acreage during that time include Texas (2.8 million acres), California (1.7 million acres) and Florida (1.5 million acres); states that converted the highest percentage of farmland in the 25-year period include New Jersey, which lost 27 percent of its farmland from 1982 to 2007, and Rhode Island, which lost 22 percent, according to the survey. Farmland located on the fringes of urban centers — as defined by size and proximity to larger economies — faces the greatest threat of loss, despite the fact that those acres produce by far the greatest percentage of the food consumed by Americans annually, including 91 percent of the fruit and 78 percent of the vegetables.

- - - Updated - - -

So since the original post was about roads and our national grasslands what would happen to the wildlife species with a road on every section line? My thoughts are some species would tolerate, some species would adapt, some species would decline.

Plains two simple questions.

1. Is your emboldened insinuation what is being sought?

2. if not why make it?

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmmmm yes that is true, but agriculture is part of modern civilization. .

Oh hey you do know it is energy and not ag that is largely driving access expansion in the Grasslands right? How does your electric car run anyways?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ericb, if you want to understand what you are dealing with when trying to converse with gabe just read this. Seriously, it will make complete sense after you are done.

Your welcome.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-...ociopaths-and-psychopaths-use-to-silence-you/

Jimmie,

I believe the author was talking about two people partnered as a couple, married or in a relationship. The author Shahida Arabi has other articles such as the real reason women love bad boys:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-...xic-partners-and-emotionally-unavailable-men/

Anyway, take it up with your support group and get back.

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Say James, what do you think about the grasslands issue?

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you think I'm going to take that bait gabe you are dumber than I thought. I can travel a short distance and discuss this topic with individuals who aren't narcissistic psychopaths like you any time I want. Truly one has to be nuts to spend as much time as you on a computer. And to think you are the one who talks about others in their parents basements pecking away on a computer!;:;rofl

You have to admit gabe....that link I have been posting hits home with you doesn't it?;:;popcorn

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Jimmy, ledfed, westnodak...what ever you choose to call yourself, you post a link to an article written by a gal that clearly has issues with her own self esteem who also writes about why she is attracted to the "bad boys"......Most liberal psychology types have had issues in their past and can't simply handle the sarcasm and good natured put downs and bullshit grown ups that are adjusted to the realities of life give each other maybe thats what hits home with you? .

My sincere apologies to you if my sarcasm and irony bothers you that badly. I don't know what it would be like ot not be able to deal with someones smart ass remarks or sarcasm without instantly taking offense and accusing them of being a sociopath or narcissist. I guess my friends and I are just all assholes in todays word of tender snowflakes and whiney bitches and so we relate to each other.

Maybe I just don;t give a shit what somebody on the internet I have never met that posts almost exclusively to malign me really cares about. I mean over o Nodak Outdoors as led fed you used to at least engage in a discussion about the topic at hand. Here you merely slink out like one of those snippy little blue heelers to nip someone in the heels and then slink back under the trailer.

It used to amuse me, now I kinda just feel bad for you.

Anyways got 1/2 of rain last nite so just got back from a fish fry up at the Crik, lake trout and walleye, Good friends with some great laughs and families and kids running all over. Kind glad we put as much time and work into building something like that for our community.

Enjoy your fall Jimmy, try not to let my comments bother you so much.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88