ND Deer Lottery

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drawing is done. No prized slim butte tag. Maybe next year when I have 6 points.

Hell ya i just got my any deer for dewey county looks like its time to start scouting the mulies.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had to wait a whole 10 days to get the results

ha! We only have to wait a few days to find out.... Well from when they start the drawing anyways.

Just takes them a couple of months to get to that point unfortunately.

yeah yeah yeah, we know SD seems to run the lottery better. No need to rub our noses in it.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when we used to find out by at least the state fair. They had a big book with the results to look up

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, but in Man-tana we get our tags printed on demand like receipts over the counter whenever we want them. :p

Ya you guys are.winning out there for sure. Mountains elk, big horns, someday I hope to partake in your great state.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya you guys are.winning out there for sure. Mountains elk, big horns, someday I hope to partake in your great state.

Well come on out and give it a shot! My problem is, I've got all this awesome stuff to try and no time to try it. A guy really needs sept.-december off if he really wants to have fun.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well come on out and give it a shot! My problem is, I've got all this awesome stuff to try and no time to try it. A guy really needs sept.-december off if he really wants to have fun.

I am going to tell the wife right now I am going hunting in Montana.

P.s. if you guys don't hear from me she said no with the frying pan:D

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made it.guys I just told.her from.accross the house so I had time.to duck...hahah

- - - Updated - - -

I just talked to a buddy think I am going to go black bear hunting there next spring

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't remember if this was asked before but do they have gratis tags in SD Kurt? And do they have units or is it just west-river/east-river. I think this was answered once before I just can't remember and am trying to wrap my head around the difference between 10 days and 3 months.

Last edited:

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't remember if this was asked before but do they have gratis tags in SD Kurt? And do they have units or is it just west-river/east-river. I think this was answered once before I just can't remember and am trying to wrap my head around the difference between 10 days and 3 months.

They don't have gratis tags. They do have landowner preference tags. Much like the same thing. SD makes all those applicants only apply by paper. They cannot apply online. Why? I'm not sure on that.

SD has many different units within the West River Season and the East River Season. They also have separate drawings for the Black Hills, Refuge, Custer State Park, and East River. They have way more seasons to apply for with probably the same amount of units as ND.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don't have gratis tags. They do have landowner preference tags. Much like the same thing. SD makes all those applicants only apply by paper. They cannot apply online. Why? I'm not sure on that.

SD has many different units within the West River Season and the East River Season. They also have separate drawings for the Black Hills, Refuge, Custer State Park, and East River. They have way more seasons to apply for with probably the same amount of units as ND.

I thought land owners can now apply online i guess i will have to ask my friend about that. But other than that pretty much hit nail on head.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
too lazy to go back and find who said it...but whoever said purchasing points without applying is genius, don't see why they don't do that. in fact I better go buy my wyo point for mule deer now keep my point creeping up until im ready.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you are right Kurt. I don't see in the 2015 applications where it says landowners have to apply with paper. Must be something new this year for them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46