ND suppressor laws update?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2015
Posts
1,299
Likes
22
Points
226
I got an email back from one of my state representatives saying that there won’t be time during the special session to address this issue but plans on taking it up during the regular session in January. Probably for the best to give time for the dust to settle and see what other states are doing to work with this new ruling.
Oh, and have you been in contact with the legislators in your district on correcting these issues regarding suppressors, SBRs and SBSs? If not, why? If you have, what has been their response?
I have a bill draft ready to go and will be sending it out the my district 33 senator and representatives this evening. I'm just finishing up my email to them, and would be happy to share it with others that want to reach out to their district leaders to ask for their support.
 


SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
11,781
Likes
1,891
Points
663
people buying right now arent using their brains. if they do legalize them, which its looking like they will, prices should drop SIGNIFICANTLY! You know they will build them in china for a fraction of the cost of those being made stateside.
Supply will be UGLY while current gun shops who aren’t class III bring in stock, and everyone with an FFL and 96 of their closest friends try to order “at cost”.

It’s not just people waiting to buy, it’s LARGE numbers of shops not currently selling.
 

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2015
Posts
615
Likes
185
Points
230
ATF will no longer get enforce fo
North Dakota law still needs to be changed because it requires compliance with the NFA. They specifically said their Open Letter does not affect state or local laws that govern NFA items. I've had conversations with some legislators and I'm quite sure it will be fixed in the upcoming session but I would be careful until that time.
 

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Posts
20,925
Likes
6,453
Points
1,008
Location
Mobridge,Sd
North Dakota law still needs to be changed because it requires compliance with the NFA. They specifically said their Open Letter does not affect state or local laws that govern NFA items. I've had conversations with some legislators and I'm quite sure it will be fixed in the upcoming session but I would be careful until that time.
Good for me Sodak doesn’t have any restrictions.
 


Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

  • This month: 75
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
Top Bottom