ND Vehicle Registration Renewal?

Should ND implement/allow renewing registration of all vehicles at the same time?

• Yes

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Dont care

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like the SD Model. The renewal month is determined by the first letter of you last name. So yes, there is some pro-rating going on, but you get to do it all at once. Makes it easy!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess it would either be the hassle of pro-rating the registration fees, or the expense of licensing multiple vehicles all at the same time.

Neither would be a huge detriment to me, as we haven't got that many toys, but I could​ see it.

I sure would not want my tax paid state employees to have to do more for the money. Its already really a challenge just for most of them to smile....

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure would not want my tax paid state employees to have to do more for the money. Its already really a challenge just for most of them to smile....

It would all be computerized, no hassle for anyone except maybe writing an extra number on your check. Also I did state this would be OPTIONAL, not mandatory, so people who dont want to participate could opt out... I personally dont see a downside, except the expense of modifying the software to implement this.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you really want the royal treatment, go to a child support office. The minute you walk in you are treated like shit. They think everyone is a lowlife no paying piece of shit and they treat everyone accordingly.

Aucker33

Established Member
If you really want the royal treatment, go to a child support office. The minute you walk in you are treated like shit. They think everyone is a lowlife no paying piece of shit and they treat everyone accordingly.

No lies detected ☝

Last edited:

bilbo

Honored Member
What I love is let’s say your tabs have been expired for nine months while the vehicle was parked in your garage not being used they still charge you for those nine months you didn’t use it instead of dating your tabs when you went in there to renew them. Total BS

I agree with the premise. While I'd assume you would be honest, and I would be honest, not everyone's honest and I think that's why it is the way it is. It sucks how messed up things get as laws try to close opportunities for scumbags. If they did this, I think they would have to increase the fines for driving around with expired registration, not that I'd necessarily be against that. I've forgotten to put my tabs on, and been fined. I think it's less than $50, but I was fined for failure to display even though I was paid up. Not sure what it is for registration that's actually expired. If it's $50 a pop, I could nearly get pulled over three times and still be ahead on our newer pickup, but I'm sure there are other consequences for repeated offenses.

I was in the DMV last year, and someone was arguing this with the clerk. What an asshole, as if the clerk can do anything about it and also holding things up for the 30 people waiting in line.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with the premise. While I'd assume you would be honest, and I would be honest, not everyone's honest and I think that's why it is the way it is. It sucks how messed up things get as laws try to close opportunities for scumbags. If they did this, I think they would have to increase the fines for driving around with expired registration, not that I'd necessarily be against that. I've forgotten to put my tabs on, and been fined. I think it's less than $50, but I was fined for failure to display even though I was paid up. Not sure what it is for registration that's actually expired. If it's $50 a pop, I could nearly get pulled over three times and still be ahead on our newer pickup, but I'm sure there are other consequences for repeated offenses.

I was in the DMV last year, and someone was arguing this with the clerk. What an asshole, as if the clerk can do anything about it and also holding things up for the 30 people waiting in line.

I am always behind that guy too.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First world problems are still problems... I suppose you'd rather have 3rd world problems to solve?

i wasnt disagreeing with you. It’s just funny sometimes the things we complain about. Myself included.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88