Need a new garage door

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
7' high by 16' wide. I think the dog enjoys the windows so she can bark at people on the sidewalk. Not a necessity for me though. I'd choose to not let anyone look in at my belongings. Needs to be insulated.

What I've found at menards will run me just shy of a grand. Same goes for doors from lowes but they have terrible reviews. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had over head door come put mine in and thought it was reasonable and if some thing goes wrong they come fix it. They drove all the way from bismark to mobridge to do it so i would think you would get a better price.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
we had Midland insulated garage doors put in the old house...had uninsulated before definitely noticed the difference first winter...should have done it 10 years sooner ... went with the smaller high windows...loved them they let in a lot of light
6EA12693-.jpg

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd second having someone do it. Getting the proper coils tensioned correctly is a pain in the ass. If not done properly can cause issues down the road.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up one of those doors from Menards 10 years ago at about $800.00 my door is the same as what you got. One thing i know for sure is you install it correctly and give it a little lube once in a while last for a long time. If you don't mine the price of having a company come in and install the door then thats the way you can go like kurtr says. Kurtr how much was it for over head door to do this and is the warrenty for the life of the door.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Midland 2" thermosteel from Midwest doors if you plan on staying in your house very long. I prefer no windows for security purposes. I replaced my 18' after the hail last year and if i remember correctly the top of the line 2" thermosteel door wasn't a hell of a lot more than the un-insulated cheapo that came on my house. Once you start adding windows the price goes up quick.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up one of those doors from Menards 10 years ago at about $800.00 my door is the same as what you got. One thing i know for sure is you install it correctly and give it a little lube once in a while last for a long time. If you don't mine the price of having a company come in and install the door then thats the way you can go like kurtr says. Kurtr how much was it for over head door to do this and is the warrenty for the life of the door.

If i remember it was 3600.00 that was for a 10'x8' door and a 16'x 8' door with openers and the whole deal. I would have to look at how long waranty is for i thought 5 or 10 years. no windows insulated and so far they have been great doors and openers

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
contacted Door Guys as I know a couple of the guys. 1310 total to install and take my door away

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks kurtr was curious. I gave you a thumb up but something happen with the icon. WTF I hope it wasn't a thumbs down that wasn't my intention.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a deal to me DM good luck with the new door.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought two Midland doors from Bosch Lumber in Dickinson. They are the carriage doors with the wood look to them with windows. 2" thick insulation with steel liner inside. I got them for about $400 less per door there than what Menards wanted. At Menards, as soon as you put that wood look finish on them the price skyrockets. Apparently Midland doesn't care about that so much.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
great...exactly what I wanted to spend over a grand on. Not that damn minnkota talon..a garage door for my dog to ram against.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
No windows. My current door which was born in the early 70's, had the window panel lower. I don't need them.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like Midwest Doors although you might as well let them install it if you get from them. When I needed a new 8 X 10 door a couple years ago it was $800 for the door and $850 for it installed. I'm not super smart but that was an easy decision.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I worked for midland for 9 years and wouldn't put anything else in my house. It is the only door that I will sell to my customers.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Midland, Midland, Midland...have one Menards door that's ok but all the rest are Midland's. Insulated 9x18 on the house, 2 uninsulated 10x10's and an uninsulated 20x12(if I remember right) on my barn.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I called the guys at Midwest last year and they came and replaced my 8x16 for 1100 the same day I called.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11