. New and Improved Gas Cans?

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those look slick, but noticed the didnt say fuel in the title, how have they stood up against gasoline? Seems without the proper plastic, gas eat them up.

From the spec on JEGS
These jugs are not intended to contain fuel or kerosene. Putting fuel or kerosene in these jugs in California is not permitted and will violate California law.

I've been using Jegs "utility" jugs for 10 or 15 years now with no problems or complaints.

Here's a link to their page

https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/sto...&submodel=&engine=&Nrpp=&No=&persistYmm=false

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Went to pour gas from my most recently converted tubeless tire valve air vent equipped gas cans yesterday and realized I had forgotten to remove the valve stem! Works much better when you let air INTO the tank! Idiot Bobkat has another brain fart!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Those look slick, but noticed the didnt say fuel in the title, how have they stood up against gasoline? Seems without the proper plastic, gas eat them up.

From the spec on JEGS
These jugs are not intended to contain fuel or kerosene. Putting fuel or kerosene in these jugs in California is not permitted and will violate California law.

They have been working just fine for 10 years or so. It's the same exact plastic as the "approved for CA" one, I have an old approved one and it's identical with the ones I linked. I have one that has had gas with ethanol in it for a couple of years now and it's still just fine.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88