New FBO in "a few days"

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One can't expect to get anything out of a site if you're not willing to put something into it. ICUMPD you don't have to feel like an outsider. If you're here now, you're in the click. There is no click, just a good group of people that are willing to help eachother out. Give the site a shot before you judge. Nobody's reputation is going to get rundown if you're not a regular poster. FBO is a dying breed, which was self inflicted. The people that kept that site alive were all ran off by poor choices made by people who ran the site. V will never run people off here, that's not happening here. Hang out, post around or just look around. Either way, we'd rather have you here than not, even if we don't know you "yet".

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
701 is right and we are all here for the same reason, we all love hunting and fishing. I for one have yet to see one thread where someone has been put down or where one topic has turned into an argument and name calling has ensued. Vollmer did a hell of a good job with this site. I love that there are articles, all kinds of reports from all over the state, and plenty of threads related to hunting and fishing. Can't say the same for FBO.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do websites have a lifespan?

Most have seen the "story" about democracy and how it goes to stages and dies off after a time. Reading this thread made me wonder if a similar phenomenon happens to websites, especially the stage where the know it all, long winded, blowhards rain down 7000 word diatribes with 72 links and 8 quotes to let you know how wrong your opinion must be or that it is none of your concern. One thing FBO taught me is "say more, talk less"

Icumpd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well another site that I know of had issues and when they switch the software around it erased just about everybodys info.The site has since gained some members back but its basically a dead site now.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was hoping Quincy05 would add to this site, he is neat. Different opinions add to the fun

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was hoping Quincy05 would add to this site, he is neat. Different opinions add to the fun

I heard he moved to Dickinson, needs some insurance. He's looking at renting a spot at McKenzie. You guys should be able to have all kinds of discussion.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do websites have a lifespan?

Most have seen the "story" about democracy and how it goes to stages and dies off after a time. Reading this thread made me wonder if a similar phenomenon happens to websites, especially the stage where the know it all, long winded, blowhards rain down 7000 word diatribes with 72 links and 8 quotes to let you know how wrong your opinion must be or that it is none of your concern. One thing FBO taught me is "say more, talk less"

Depends on how big the site gets. Archerytalk is ALWAYS moving but ih has 70,000 plus members.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
All trolls on FBO. Like GST and Plainsman. They just try to bait people with
the religion and politics bullshit. I don't post much either, probably because I
don't feel I'm that great at hunting or fishing.

Thank you to all of you that do post tips, etc.

:D

Funny how people can be on this site since close to it's beginning and not have any issues. Perhaps it is not those people.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am being attacked for fishing techniques. I am frightened.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was never a member over there. I tried to join, but for some reason it never went through and I gave up pretty fast. This site has been good. There are a couple things I would change out of the 1000 good things, but 2 things out of 1000 is a pretty good average. I post to the issues that trip my trigger, read the others, but may not post to them.

All in all, Damn good job Vollmer!

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like this site better. Haven't seen anyone getting down on one another. I'm a farmer and they were down on farmers a lot over there.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
GST, you have been a pleasure while on NDA, from what I have seen.

give it time V. he'll be d-bagin' er up in no time!

demanding answers to those darn questions of his........so, SOOO many questions.......:;:smokin

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
give it time V. he'll be d-bagin' er up in no time!

demanding answers to those darn questions of his........so, SOOO many questions.......:;:smokin

Let's try to give everyone a clean slate on NDA. The other site and all its DRAMA doesn't exist over here. I think a bunch of outdoors types can figure out how to police themselves, and if not, V-man gave the NDA members enough latitude to take care of the problem.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
GST is fine on here. I apologize to him for my post.

I wouldn't want to be judged on some of the stuff I've posted in the past either.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's try to give everyone a clean slate on NDA. The other site and all its DRAMA doesn't exist over here. I think a bunch of outdoors types can figure out how to police themselves, and if not, V-man gave the NDA members enough latitude to take care of the problem.

You nailed it KDM! This site is awesome, and the members can police it themselves. Vollmer did an awesome job putting it all together.

It has been a pleasure dealing with people on this site, everyone seems to be on their best behavior......hope it doesn't change.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
GST is fine on here. I apologize to him for my post.

I wouldn't want to be judged on some of the stuff I've posted in the past either.

You show class with this post............People call out GST and then complain about him responding. This site has great potential for sure!!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fbo management hypocrisy and the multiple paragraph junkies ruined fbo. This site is more laid back which is really nice.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
last week a guy sitting around the campfire went into seizure and needed CPR (which was performed), fortunately he came too shortly after and claimed to be a diabetic, some food would help the situation, he then takes a bite of steak and proceeds to choke on the steak, and now is administered the Heimlich maneuver.
He is fine, but within 2 minutes needed life saving services twice.
I don't think FBO was given the Heimlich

This story is true as far as I was told, I did not witness any of the events but several guys that did collaborate the story. I did not snoop it though, so...you know

You

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sounds like a plan. Clean slate for gst. I apologive to him for my post.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69