New FBO in "a few days"

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iv'e never burned a bridge behind me and I'm not about to start now. Like many others I Don't spend much time online in the summer but I usually check out both sites at lunch time and seldom take the time to respond unless I can offer something positive. Iv'e noticed a lot of bitching about FBO on this site , No big deal but in my opinion the negative comments make this site look lame. Build on what Vollmer has created and forget about FBO , I don't see people over there bitching about NDA.

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will this 'new' FBO site be so great that it might fetch me the morning paper and gather my slippers, too???? :::

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
No need for anyone to apologize for anything, I don;t get my panties bunched up so much any more.

I have never been a fan of people that will throw BS out there hoping some of it sticks. I tend to call them out on it (I know, I know it's the internet, it happens)

It always amazes me that the people that will take the time to throw crap out there typing on their computer seem not to realize that 5 minutes on the very same computer could show them what they are posting is BS.

And I was raised to call a spade a spade.

It has been very refreshing to click on this site and not read the same tired old crap that has led other ND Outdoors sites to have two posts in three days. People actually seem to be able to take a bit of good natured ribbing on here without their shorts riding up.

I'm a bit better at sarcasm than I am political correctness.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iv'e never burned a bridge behind me and I'm not about to start now. Like many others I Don't spend much time online in the summer but I usually check out both sites at lunch time and seldom take the time to respond unless I can offer something positive. Iv'e noticed a lot of bitching about FBO on this site , No big deal but in my opinion the negative comments make this site look lame. Build on what Vollmer has created and forget about FBO , I don't see people over there bitching about NDA.

Amen!!.
certainly don't know the figgers but will quess there are a whole bunch here that check FBO on a regular basis.

i don't mind GST on this site...........cuz he's on the IGNORE LIST:;:cheers

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I popped into FBO this morning for a peek, a 3 page thread on the wolves in Stanley where everyone is calling each other stupid, nice change :::

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I popped into FBO this morning for a peek, a 3 page thread on the wolves in Stanley where everyone is calling each other stupid, nice change :::

And the same old stalkers stalking their enemies relentlessly. Day after month after year... I don't know how they do it or what motivates them. Freakin spooky IMO.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member

This site was built directly as a result of people fed up with FBO, so bitching about it is natural. This will die down with time as people forget about FBO and their lame attempts to elevate to NDA standards.

The reputation and ignore features work excellent to squash all negativity that tries to infiltrate this site.

Brotsky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to start a third site. One where people from FBO and NDA can gather together in harmony and bash both sites equally on one forum so they don't have to go back and forth to read what the other site is saying about this site and vice versa. I'd call it Nodakoutdoors or something but then no one would visit.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
logo_leathertexture_1.png

- - - Updated - - -

it's happening - very exciting

;:;popcorn

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

Ah, that is a little exageration. Some people are merely pointing out others are not as smart as they think they are. ;)

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
when it comes to the FBO and NDA its a lot to do with the people on the site. what they do or say in the posts, topics. some of the people on FBO posting topics would just wait for you to say the wrong things so that they could blast you. The people that are members on this site are the ones that make or break it nobody else can do that. Vollmer knows this more then anybody. one thing that I noticed right away is the way we post fishing reports here compared to there a lot more info on how and were the fish are biting you get a general idea where the fish are and what you need to use to catch them the rest is up to you. The topics that are posted if you want to add to the post you don't feel like someone is lurking in the back ground just waiting for you to say something wrong .

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep it is horrible on my phone to.

It is tacky on a computer too. A huge add for new tires is at the very top of the page, they made it worse in my opinion. This is the place to be anyways check out FBO less and less and am more active here on NDA

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
That'll be the final nail in their coffin!

What a frickn horrible format! horrible!!

There's actually not enough info on a screens worth of web page. It looks like a web page straight out of the 90s.......like....the early 90s...

and the dumbest move yet, they moved their bread and butter (discussion forums) wayyyyyyyyyyyyy

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

A

too low. G bye fbo :;:howdy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91