New State record

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, so you think the odds are better that it was snagged. Really no different than what I said. But you act like a douche and question my elk... you are a piece of work Dean.
No it's nothing like your post because you stated that the Jig was popped out of the fish's back even though you can't say that's a truth or not cuz you can't f****** tell by that blurry ass video just like your blurry ass elk. Even it is in the back that still doesn't prove the fish was snag landed due to how often lures pop out in the net.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the guy knocked it out on the cast it was floating and he then precisely snagged it reeled it in quickly and in the first picture with the snagzilla was dabbing all while John madden did play by play and drew the whole sequence out on the tellestrator

LOL “Snagzilla”

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
50 pound fire line and ugly stick sounds fun

you drive up ill take you to the spot. you do the dirty work ill video and cheer you on all night....would love to see this. ill even throw you all the blue nums nums you want to just to see this happen.. hahaha you could ruin peoples night. there was actually 2 classic " mono snap's that broke the silence haha

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove by the Highway 6 bridge on Sunday evening, just to see the number of people. It was packed, no doubt. I think with the people fishing into evening and a little alcohol involvement, when people start snagging other peoples lines, that is the time to get out the phones and record some of the arguments that are bound to happen.:;:duel

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you drive up ill take you to the spot. you do the dirty work ill video and cheer you on all night....would love to see this. ill even throw you all the blue nums nums you want to just to see this happen.. hahaha you could ruin peoples night. there was actually 2 classic " mono snap's that broke the silence haha

10 years ago we would have a date but now at my old age i will pass but it did make me lol thinking about it

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove by the Highway 6 bridge on Sunday evening, just to see the number of people. It was packed, no doubt. I think with the people fishing into evening and a little alcohol involvement, when people start snagging other peoples lines, that is the time to get out the phones and record some of the arguments that are bound to happen.:;:duel
People are extremely cordial actually. If you go down there thinking you ain’t gonna cross lines you’ll have problems. Heck you might even snag a fish or two. Lol

Tlauz

I have seen the video. My 2 cents is it is better to give credit even if it is undeserved, then call someone a liar if they aren't. Since I have no way of knowing for sure I will say congrats on a great fish.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does the ndgf actually take possession of the fish to do any collection of DNA samples you think if that fish was caught in the back there should be quite a large hole the hook would have been ripping the flesh making a noticeable wound where blood would be seen running down the side of that big body. They must be using muskie or catfish rods with heavy line becuase that fish would have definitely straightened out a jig hook coming into shore if it was actually hooked in the back

- - - Updated - - -

For the record I'm glad the ndgf is looking into this catch more thoroughly just to make sure 100 percent it's a legal catch. As far as I know north Dakota values still exist where you are innocent until proven guilty even in public opinion. Congrats on a once in a lifetime catch I hope its everything comes back to prove a legal catch.

Last edited:

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
Lot’s of jealous people on this thread. Heck the longest walleye record was a dead fish, just be happy for the guy and move on it’s just a fish. Who really cares

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Since I know I will never catch a walleye this big, I can say this.

If I caught a walleye that big and I knew for a fact once it was in the net that I had snagged it, there is no way in HELL I'd be releasing it.
I also wouldn't give two shits about being recognized as having caught the state record (especially if I knew I had snagged it), but that beast would be going on the wall.

I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt any of you Honest Abes on here would be releasing it either.
Regardless of whether or not this fella snagged or mouth-hooked this big walleye, his biggest mistake was letting the cat out of the bag. Not only does he risk losing the fish now, but he already lost his fishing hole!

This type of reaction from other fisherman and the public in general should have been expected. For some reason, a good portion of folks would rather get uptight about someone else's accomplishment than just being happy for the person.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s a reason we call him “Dirty...”

For shame...

If I caught a walleye that big and I knew for a fact once it was in the net that I had snagged it, there is no way in HELL I'd be releasing it.
I also wouldn't give two shits about being recognized as having caught the state record (especially if I knew I had snagged it), but that beast would be going on the wall.

I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt any of you Honest Abes on here would be releasing it either.
Regardless of whether or not this fella snagged or mouth-hooked this big walleye, his biggest mistake was letting the cat out of the bag. Not only does he risk losing the fish now, but he already lost his fishing hole!

This type of reaction from other fisherman and the public in general should have been expected. For some reason, a good portion of folks would rather get uptight about someone else's accomplishment than just being happy for the person.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would this person in question be hailed a hero if he had taken a picture of a scale showing 16.6lbs and video of the release stating that it was snagged so he was releasing it? Damned if you do, Damned if you don't......

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Painting with a pretty broad brush there aren't you. You have no idea what I would do or have done when catching big fish. With the cameras and such now days I am at a point in my life where a picture works for me and putting one on the wall doesn't have the meaning it must for you or some others. I have killed enough fish to eat and have no desire to kill a fish like that. And this forum is a great example why I would have to think about it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

LOL. There's a big difference between
1. putting an accidentally snagged giant on the wall
2. rushing it off to the scales for recognition as an official/legal record.

No freaking way I'm going to do the latter... and I honestly am not sure about the former.

Pretty interesting question to ask ourselves though!

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with dirty I thought hard about this sorry but it's goin on the wall record doesn't mean allot to me but the fish of a life time does I guess it wouldn't matter where I caught the fish if it was in peck where its not a record it would go on the wall call me greedy but I guess I don't care what other people think of me lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33