new tires

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just thought I'd give an update. I've had the Wildpeak's on for about a month now. My opinion is probably skewed a little because I switched over from Goodyear SRA highway tires. So far the wildpeak's have performed great. They seem to handle the snow really well, good traction on compacted snow/ice on the streets in town and to top it off they really aren't much louder than my previous tires. I only have about 1500 miles on them so I can't speak to wear yet.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking to but want one stop shop. Replacing the stock tires sra on my Ford. I rarely pull my camper Max tow fo a half. So I am looking for a tire that has some snow ice quality along with some more weight ability.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep the Wildpeak reviews coming, they are at the top of my list when i replace my tires. I'm trying to get the shitty SRA's through one more winter to get at least 40k on them by next fall when i want to replace. Currently sitting at 26k and these things wont dig you out of wet grass.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw these in an online add yesterday and they spark my interest, will let others try them out for a couple years to see the feedback while I continue run My Treadwrights which have yet to let me down and for 560 bucks for a set of 4 delivered to my door when they go on sale is a lot easier to swallow.

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

s-l300.jpg

you are the first person I've heard using the treadwright's are they as good as advertised? and did you get that crushed glass stuff?

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep the Wildpeak reviews coming, they are at the top of my list when i replace my tires. I'm trying to get the shitty SRA's through one more winter to get at least 40k on them by next fall when i want to replace. Currently sitting at 26k and these things wont dig you out of wet grass.

Good luck. I had 35k on mine and they were shot.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
you are the first person I've heard using the treadwright's are they as good as advertised? and did you get that crushed glass stuff?

I did not get the kedge grip on the first set I just replaced but I did get 40K miles out of them on my dodge 1500 with a conservative guess of half those miles being gravel 285-70-17 D rated. The second set I just installed have the kedge grip, called them and they claim it may lessen tire life a bit but figured I would try anyhow, I went back to the stock size 265/70/17 in c rated as I was tired of the rough ride of the E and D rated on my daily driver driving 45 miles of gravel to and from work 4 days a week. I have about 3k miles on the new set and love the smoother ride and traction seems good too but hard to tell if the kedge grip does any good or not running mostly gravel.
I also ordered a set of the same size 265-70-17 in e rated with the kedge grip for my 2005 2500 Dodge cummins while they were on sale waiting to finish burning off the current set before putting them on which will be my 3rd set.
I know of several people that have been running them for a lot of years before I tried them and all of them swore by them too, even have a couple co-workers who are currently trying them now too just installed in recent weeks.

Also I found that in the last year Here in Bis/Man OK tire and Northwest tire will no longer mount up carry in tires due to having too many complaints of internet bought tires not balancing up and other issues so they just quit doing it, said we sell tires too so do not want to deal with anybody else's tires. Went to Tires plus on expressway to have it done and they were happy to do it said absolutely come on in.

Last edited:

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the input... I've been looking at them hard lately, I'm only getting about 30k out of my toyo open country AT2's... the body shop in max will mount and balance for me

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

I despised the SRA's on my last pickup(horrible traction and I got pissed and swapped them at about 30k). When I got my new pickup, I went straight to the tire shop and traded for Wildpeaks. I have about 13-14k on them right now and they still look like new. Traction in all conditions has been WAY WAY better than the SRAs. I am loving them so far and will not hesitate to replace with the same thing at this point.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Toyo AT II's and love them. When we had the big snow storm last year I was one out of six guys that made it to work.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sra just a street tire. No warranty center for the wilds in Fargo that I see. No white letters either

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11