next storm commin...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well just blew out 5 driveways and a path to the snow route. :;:rockitOnly took a couple hours. Now its drinky time! ;:;boozer

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where to put the snow? Easy peasy, get out now and shoot the blower spout straight into the air, and let the wind carry it 2 blocks away! :;:rockit;:;rofl

I was thinking the same thing today while watching them blow snow from the west side of a road (side walk) into the middle of the street. Just need to adjust the spout up a little and it would end up in MN

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
scared the shit out of me last night when I had a full on Avalanche come off the roof. One of the big cornices that formed in the last storm let loose and it and a few hundred pounds of snow and ice above it all came off all at once with a bunch banging off the outside wall of the bedroom. needless to say that shit woke me up in a flash.

That's a Chevy for ya. Always showing up where you don't want it.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like another 1-3 inches for Saturday in the bismarck area.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like another 1-3 inches for Saturday in the bismarck area.
Good I've almost found my driveway so we can't have that for more then a day or two or I'll just become spoiled. Half tempted to get one of the large farm torches and use it to go postal on my sidewalk!

Last edited:

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Again, looks like south part of the state could get dumped on if this system moves north a bit.

I planned on fishing on saturday come hell or high water, but now it looks like hell will be freezing over. Low of -23, 10-15 wind, and a fresh 4-8 inches will make things very interesting. Better make sure my propane tanks are full. Suppose the fish won't bite for shit either after that.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friday and Saturday is the Sportmen's Show at the Civic Center (or whatever they call it now. I am old.) here in Bismarck.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Their only forecasting 1 to 2 inches for Bismarck so that should work out to about 10 so all will be right with the world once again.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Henry Blakes just predicted 4-6 for Bismarck. None would be just fine.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kfyr just mentioned 1-3 for Bismarck. So.... like a previous post - we will get what 9-10 ?
Well with the government controlling the storms against the protesters it a sure thing right?! In all seriousness if another storm that was supposed to miss us hit us I'm going start believing those goofy bastards! Maybe we are making up for all the storms that were supposed to hit us and missed the last few years. Haven't seen the weather service jump on this new track just yet so there's still hope plus apparently the atmosphere's ability to hold moisture is not very high with this storm so that'll help.....I hope.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep dean NWS in bis is still saying 1-2" but the Dakota storm frackers make it seem like a mini armeggdon at like 4-6 and keep moving it north. Only time will tell. If it stays this cold and we keep getting this much snow I think it's Gods way of telling me to work on my basment this winter! I'm a ND boy through and through but dam this one is getting old already!!

- - - Updated - - -

Storm trackers not frackers apparently auto correct is in the oil industry too!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep was thinking about trying some ice fishing this weekend but after seeing Sat and Sun temps plus what is coming next week I am afraid I will probably change my schedule to this.
Friday - watch Bison game, drink beer and eat too much.
Saturday - Change oil on truck in warm garage, start laying floor in basement, drink more beer.
Sunday - still effing cold - continue working on basement, drink more beer.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep dean NWS in bis is still saying 1-2" but the Dakota storm frackers make it seem like a mini armeggdon at like 4-6 and keep moving it north. Only time will tell. If it stays this cold and we keep getting this much snow I think it's Gods way of telling me to work on my basment this winter! I'm a ND boy through and through but dam this one is getting old already!!

- - - Updated - - -

Storm trackers not frackers apparently auto correct is in the oil industry too!

Yeah it's looking like a good year to hibernate at least through January. Looks like we may get fairly nice next week so probably try out the ice then even though getting the gear out of the shed is going to probably take heavy equipment!.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just checked the forecast. They are indicating on Christmas Eve and day, we will be getting 12+ inches.....

- - - Updated - - -

Only mild winds or 20mph

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
down here they have 3-5 chistams eve day , 8-12 that night and then another 5-8 on christmas day wish i had my sled in running order

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_1011.jpg

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just spent 5 hours yesterday on the Kubota scratching up the concrete hard snow and ice to expose a few spots of bare ground on my driveway so hopefully the sun can open up a few bare spots again before we get dumped on.:(

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yeah, 8-12 inches expected in Fargo and 5-8 inches in the Twin Cities starting Friday evening and into Monday. We're supposed to be on our way home Monday from the latter location. I'm not sure I can handle being in those conditions for hours on end with a six-month old, a 3-year-old and a wife who has awful winter travel anxiety. Hmm...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9