Next year deer hunting

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My experience with those 2-wheel carts is "If the ground is good enough where I can pull a cart, I can drive there with my pickup."

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
No need to reinvent the wheel when you have a pickup.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can't drive on national grasslands, wildlife management areas or plots ( without permission from the owner of the pots land ). Have used a cart or sled when'd hunting national grasslands and they work pretty good

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Quarter and debone in the field (Unless of course you can drive a pickup out to it). Never will I drag a deer again!!!!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
How the **** am I gonna shoot from the cab with that thing? Hard pass.

ETA: When my fat ass bends the frame I’ll be stuck dragging a deer AND a hefty bit of expensive twisted metal. I appreciate the inventor’s enginuity but he clearly overlooked market demographics.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carts can be a wonderful thing, however, all of the carts I've used or seen used make more noise than 2 skeletons fornicating upon a tin roof. One could easily be made exponentially quieter with a few nylon bushings, but, then things get so snug that they're no longer quick and easy. Catch 22..........

That thing could be mighty handy for shooting prairie dogs someplace the rancher didn't want you to drive.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quarter and debone in the field (Unless of course you can drive a pickup out to it). Never will I drag a deer again!!!!

THIS. Why haul out a 150 pound carcass when you can just take 30-40 pounds of meat?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hauled out 50 pounds of mule deer on my back last fall and I think it would have been just as easy to drag the damn thing back to the truck. First getting up with that much weight in my pack by myself was an adventure and glad no one was around to film it lol. Second my legs were shot by the time I made it to the truck. Admittedly I'm not in the best of shape, round is a shape, but I think it would have been much easier to throw the meat on one of these and pull it behind rather than have all that weight on your back.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34