NoDakAngler

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My theory is it's the magnificent and tranquil Google AI. I feel calmer and more tolerant just by expressing this hypothesis into the hostility and racism.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Well, its been what, a month or so since this was said in another thread? This is a community and there arent restrictions upon what people can talk about... Ignore what you dont like and participate in what you do. Post more fishing stuff if thats your style, no one will complain about it, unlike some other topics.
I would agree with this, for the most part. Still, I think some can do a better job of not dragging the political chatter into the "normal" threads. If we all try to keep the political talk in the political section, it would go a long way.

That being said, I do get a lot of "reports" for people being "dumb" and "being bias" and whatever from the political threads. I will say this ... I will monitor the political threads to watch for personal attacks, but beyond that, it is not something I wish to moderate. Enter at your own risk.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would agree with this, for the most part. Still, I think some can do a better job of not dragging the political chatter into the "normal" threads. If we all try to keep the political talk in the political section, it would go a long way.

That being said, I do get a lot of "reports" for people being "dumb" and "being bias" and whatever from the political threads. I will say this ... I will monitor the political threads to watch for personal attacks, but beyond that, it is not something I wish to moderate. Enter at your own risk.

I may be the worst offender. Sorry. Hunting/Fishing has become political and everyone should/need be informed of the source of the regs which must be obeyed: Our kids/grandkids are likely to experience Hell on this Earth and a few leaders should know why: Also; it's good to hear from "god" now and then.

Also also: If these "reports/complaints" are real you could tell them everyone is "biased" and stop being twats.

Last edited:

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
this is what fishing is all about, he caught it this morning
tempImagefgjooa.jpg

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

If being intelligent was a requirement for these forums, we might lose half of our members!!! ...muahaha...

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
While fishing with buddies either in boat or on ice is the conversation strictly fishing/hunting or does it stray into other topics including politics?
I've stopped hunting and fishing with guys that can't help but discuss politics at every opportunity. I don't think it is a conscious decision, I just don't think of them anymore when I find a good goose feed or am taking the boat on the Missouri. I go outside to escape from the bullshit and madness of society. The guys I still hunt and fish with talk about family, cooking/smoking meats, beer, music, movies, and so forth. Plenty of conversational fodder without discussing political nonsense.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed fly,best rule of thumb in my circle of friends,un-written rule whilst we get together,politics and religion "no go" f up a good time,every time.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Man wtf..when I hit the boat any and all topics take place. Not sure about the rest of you but even if somebody has a different political view than myself I respect it. I don't argue with them and it also doesn't mess up the fishing trip.i guess i am not going to let something so minute as politics to mess up a day of fishing..maybe that's called being an adult???? My as well tell the guy coming with what beer he can bring or can't bring or what underwear he should or shouldn't wear...lol...I think a few people on here need a quiet room with coloring crayons...Can't handle certain topics while out with friends..my god.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Politics typically doesn't get brought up on fishing, shooting, and hunting trips because we have resources like NDA to express our opinions when we're not recreating outdoors.

NDA is like the town pub IMO, not some hoity toity golf, sailing, or tennis club with strict rules of what can be discussed, when, and by whom.

Because of that lack of rules/etiquette you're going to have to put up with "that guy who rubs you the wrong way" just like you would down at the pub. There will be the occasional brawl - but that's what happens at pubs.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
I really appreciate the mindless shit posts of random beat to death field and stream / outdoor life magazine topics ...popcorn...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in the same boat actually most people I deal with at work or during social gatherings have absolutely no clue about anything political.

Tell you the honest to God truth if it wasn't for the political banter of fishing buddy and now this site I still would be clueless. It's good though that most people don't care about politics the same as religion when it comes to everyday life.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I chose not to discuss politics a long time ago. I have friends on both sides of the isle and all of them are good people. When you start talking politics it just leads to arguments and can ultimately end a friendship. Furthermore, neither person is going to change the others mind so why even try? Every person has their own thoughts on things and that's how the world works. You don't have to agree, but don't have to fight about it either. Find things in common to talk about and be a better person.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88