NoDakAngler

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think the good Lord says anything about supporting the lesser of two evils. In the end you still supported evil
‭‭Romans 3:12 ESV‬‬
[12] All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

When you vote for anyone you vote for who you think is best, but no matter they are the lesser of two evils. No denomination debates this theological truth.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've stopped hunting and fishing with guys that can't help but discuss politics at every opportunity. I don't think it is a conscious decision, I just don't think of them anymore when I find a good goose feed or am taking the boat on the Missouri. I go outside to escape from the bullshit and madness of society. The guys I still hunt and fish with talk about family, cooking/smoking meats, beer, music, movies, and so forth. Plenty of conversational fodder without discussing political nonsense.
I agree. My buddies I fish and hunt with politics is less than 1% of the conversation. I realize these days politics is a major part of our life cause the democrats are trying to instill communism. I prefer to catch up with friends, talk about family and wish for a beautiful 32 inch walleye out loud

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
‭‭Romans 3:12 ESV‬‬
[12] All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

When you vote for anyone you vote for who you think is best, but no matter they are the lesser of two evils. No denomination debates this theological truth.
Completely disagree. Reading that verse in context with the rest of the chapter does not seem to support supporting the lesser of two evils but Im not going to sit here and twist the word of God to justify my views. I feel there's too much of this happening by both political extremes. There's plenty of good a man can do that doesn't involve choosing which evil to vote for. I will commend you for getting involved instead of just bitching and voting for poor candidates. I do plan on asking a good friend who is dead set on a certain political candidate how his faith would support his vote. As a devout Catholic maybe he'll expand on your idea a bit.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we agree on many things I'm just not being clear. I'm saying we are all sinners so we have no choice but voting for ----‐ you could say lesser of two evils, or by earthly standards the person who does more good.
As far as Biden didnt his priest refuse to give him communion because of his stand on abortion? I would classify Biden as the greater of evil come next election. He has no respect for the constitution, human life, law and order, the Supreme court, or you and I.
Thank God freedom is still alive in North Dakota, and nodakangler. Freedom to read or reject, and freedom to whine. Some posts leave me scratching my head so I read them again and still don't understand. When that happens I realize one of us is screwed up. I hope isn't me. ;) Don't take the cheep shot.:)

Last edited:

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we agree on many things I'm just not being clear. I'm saying we are all sinners so we have no choice but voting for ----‐ you could say lesser of two evils, or by earthly standards the person who does more good.
As far as Biden didnt his priest refuse to give him communion because of his stand on abortion? I would classify Biden as the greater of evil come next election. He has no respect for the constitution, human life, law and order, the Supreme court, or you and I.
And I would say the same about trump. Don’t you just love our 2 bad choices.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your getting it camper, they are both bad choices. There may be better choices and there certainly are worse choices. Will God use one to bless this nation, or will he use one to punish us? What makes you choose the one that takes from the worker and gives it to the lazy, who takes from the citizen and gives to the criminal migrant, that kills the innocent child in the womb in the name of choice, that makes choices based on skin color and gender, that claims to be a practicing catholic but mocks God by his actions, that gives a State of the Union and to our face says the border is closed, inflation is down etc etc. Deception deception deception.
‭‭Revelation 20:7-8 ESV‬‬
[7] And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison [8] and will come out to deceive the nations

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think Vollmer should start censoring anything he feels political....we can see how that goes... 🤣 my guess like this fishing buddy site you guys refer to.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Your getting it camper, they are both bad choices. There may be better choices and there certainly are worse choices. Will God use one to bless this nation, or will he use one to punish us? What makes you choose the one that takes from the worker and gives it to the lazy, who takes from the citizen and gives to the criminal migrant, that kills the innocent child in the womb in the name of choice, that makes choices based on skin color and gender, that claims to be a practicing catholic but mocks God by his actions, that gives a State of the Union and to our face says the border is closed, inflation is down etc etc. Deception deception deception.
‭‭Revelation 20:7-8 ESV‬‬
[7] And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison [8] and will come out to deceive the nations

I could sit here and type out all of mine and others grievances with trump and quote Scripture as well but when it comes down to it from a biblical standpoint I can't see supporting either candidate. There is so little "good" when it comes to both of them. We will just have to agree to disagree.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
While fishing with buddies either in boat or on ice is the conversation strictly fishing/hunting or does it stray into other topics including politics?
I actually had to take a break from fishing with my brother in law because we always strayed into politics and different family things that pissed me off. Now I just try not to get so fired up about it or change the subject or here is a thought tell him I'm not interested it talking about it or go fish outside the ice shack for a little bit.
On the other hand can't solve the worlds problems if we keep to ourselves with our head in our shells.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Vollmer should start censoring anything he feels political....we can see how that goes... 🤣 my guess like this fishing buddy site you guys refer to.
Same people that fucked up that site are on here doing the same things.

Fishing Buddy 2.0

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
this is what fishing is all about, he caught it this morning
tempImagefgjooa.jpg
Not only a nice fish but wearing CarHarts as well. Good Start

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Same people that fucked up that site are on here doing the same things.

Fishing Buddy 2.0
Why cause you don't like what's being posted? Don't read it don't respond to it...pretty simple. Oh yeah and this is according to you and what you think is acceptable......

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
And the silence is deafening! I don't hear any key board clicking either.
Why would we answer? Have you ever tried to match wits with a maga cultist? They are the smartest people, most can count to 10 and get halfway thru their ABC’s. Hahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84